Iron Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #12) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 5, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular (SOLD OUT) - 1/4 Slip (SOLD OUT) (Pre-order on November 10 at 11 PM Korea time UTC+9. UK: 2 PM GMT / USA (east) 9 AM / USA (west) 6 AM ) Please use the following timezone converter to find out the time in your area
Price:
$42.90$ (after 3 days, $44.99)
Package detail:
-
2 discs
- Lenticular
- 1/4 slip
Print run: 3.7K
1850 for Oversea, 1850 for Local
Order Limit Qty:
Lenticular Edition : 2 per order
1/4 Slip : 1 per order

Paramount approved artwork

steelbook.jpg

interior.jpg

lenticular.jpg

quarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As stated by another member, how do we know these are officially licensed? Just because someone says they are doesn't mean they are lol

I'm in no way questioning kimchidvd, I haven't been collecting as long as some on here BUT is there any sure way to know for sure, or do we just take there word for it :emb:
For a start someone could that's received their copy and has a PC with blu-ray drive could simply check if it's copy protected or not using a trial of AnyDVD (Win) or MakeMKV (Win/Mac). If it's not, it's definitely a bootleg (note: copy protection is not the same thing as being region locked. Region free blu-rays will still be copy protected).

Also, I don't see any way Scanavo would produce a Steelbook without making sure they had permission from the rights holders, else they'd end up in legal trouble too.

Not to mention if KimchiDVD were to try something like that, they'd be found out quickly and it would permanently damage their reputation. Who would want to purchase Steelbooks from a company selling bootleg blurays?

Finally, as I pointed out earlier border force are claiming they're "recorded DVD", pretty big difference between a blu-ray and a DVD and apparently they don't even know that.
If they were trying to examine it as a DVD of course it's not going to be found to be one.

Last edited:
As stated by another member, how do we know these are officially licensed? Just because someone says they are doesn't mean they are lol

I'm in no way questioning kimchidvd, I haven't been collecting as long as some on here BUT is there any sure way to know for sure, or do we just take there word for it :emb:

Let's not make assumptions guys. Kimchidvd have been online for a long time and I'm pretty confident their not going to mess around with licensing rights

FYI, for anyone that wants to read the letter from Border Force and hasn't had it arrive today, I posted a copy of it here.

Absolutely, I'm going to be writing a letter to them tomorrow putting forth an argument about it.

I'll wait till I have seen what you have written before I send the reply back, it will be better to have something to back up our claims that they are properly lisenced (as long as they are, do we know for sure that they are?)

Let's not make assumptions guys. Kimchidvd have been online for a long time and I'm pretty confident their not going to mess around with licensing rights

No assumptions from me buddy, I'm new to all this and have only followed up from a question another member asked ;)

I'm definitely not questioning kimchidvd's integrity (I wouldn't be collecting these if they were bootlegs lol) only asking how we know these are officially licensed or indeed prove it..., because HMRC clearly believe they are not.

As Disney purchased the distribution rights to IM 1 & 2, Thor and CA1 last year, maybe they have raised concerns about the Korean versions of IM which are distributed by Paramount over there?

Or maybe it's just a jobsworth at the Border Force thinking they have solved the biggest crime of the century!

Hope it gets resolved for everyone without too much more hassle.
That could very well be the issue

Reactions: zoneism
My gut feeling is there has been a flood of packages leading up to Xmas from Korea which has raised concern at Border Agency. They must have just assumed these are counterfeit and sent the letters out at a very busy period hoping most will just ignore them.

It looks good at their end tweaking figures we intercepted X amount of counterfeit goods over Xmas etc etc ... Public confidence BS

Reactions: lgans316 and MrBMT
As Disney purchased the distribution rights to IM 1 & 2, Thor and CA1 last year, maybe they have raised concerns about the Korean versions of IM which are distributed by Paramount over there?
Even if that were the case, am I not correct in thinking it's not illegal to import a film from a different country for personal use, even if there are different rights holders in both countries?
If that's not the case at least 1/4 the steelbooks I've ordered are illegal, considering many are from France, Germany, Spain or Korea.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoneism
Even if that were the case, am I not correct in thinking it's not illegal to import a film from a different country for personal use, even if they're distributed by a different company in your country?
See that's what I was thinking its to add to my personal collection not for resale so if I do send a letter I will mention this

This is a right mess for customers in the UK
Someone in Customs must have approached FACT and assumed there was an issue
The price been marked as $20.00 on lot of recent parcels might have made them come to wrong conclusion

It only needs Paramount in Korea to confirm its their product and is an approved release and its not a copyright issue

With Iron Man Blufans release will FACT in the UK also make the same mistake

Reactions: MrBMT
This is a right mess for customers in the UK
Someone in Customs must have approached FACT and assumed there was an issue
The price been marked as $20.00 on lot of recent parcels might have made them come to wrong conclusion

It only needs Paramount in Korea to confirm its their product and its not a copyright issue

With Iron Man Blufans release will FACT in the UK also make the same mistake
Yeah that's what I was thinking I would happily pay customs issues if I had the option

Currently I'm concerned that even if we get them back, what condition will they be in - can be pretty sure they will have been opened up by a gorilla with a stanley knife.
Others have reported the steel was very tight in the Lenti cover and you had to be careful removing it.

Also think it's a bit strange that there's a problem with this delivery just as Kimchi change their postal provider for Dallas Buyers Club.

Reactions: dannywizkid
Even if that were the case, am I not correct in thinking it's not illegal to import a film from a different country for personal use, even if there are different rights holders in both countries?
If that's not the case at least 1/4 the steelbooks I've ordered are illegal, considering many are from France, Germany, Spain or Korea.

As long as Disney don't have any rights in Korea, and Paramount haven't done a sneaky release when they shouldn't have, then of course you are correct. I was only throwing in another possibility as to why so many parcels have been seized under such tenuous circumstances.

Moe likely that it's the second point I made regarding an over eager employee thinking they have made a genuine bust when actually everything is legit.

Hopefully this doesn't impact on kimchi in a negative way regarding future exclusives

Reactions: MrBMT
I just spoke to a good friend of mine and he told me the same thing happened with kimchi frozen steels and tony sent the documents to authorities saying they are genuine but the 2nd of jan is helluva tight deadline