Iron Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #12) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 5, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular (SOLD OUT) - 1/4 Slip (SOLD OUT) (Pre-order on November 10 at 11 PM Korea time UTC+9. UK: 2 PM GMT / USA (east) 9 AM / USA (west) 6 AM ) Please use the following timezone converter to find out the time in your area
Price:
$42.90$ (after 3 days, $44.99)
Package detail:
-
2 discs
- Lenticular
- 1/4 slip
Print run: 3.7K
1850 for Oversea, 1850 for Local
Order Limit Qty:
Lenticular Edition : 2 per order
1/4 Slip : 1 per order

Paramount approved artwork

steelbook.jpg

interior.jpg

lenticular.jpg

quarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I doubt if Tony will want to get involved with HM Customs, besides, he's already got his money, what happens after that he won't really care about. Unless it hits into his profit margin.
Mate,

Someone in the US was the first to report this kind of issue but it was for a different Steelbook. Tony sent the required documentation and the item was cleared by customs.

This issue has now struck the UK for the first time to the my best of my knowledge.

KimchiDvD need not refund but they are obliged to provide the documents.

To me it looks like someone watched those Border Force and Patrol programs on the telly and was trying to get a nice bonus by alerting the authorities who again seem to have no idea about the product.

The worst part is the letter doesn't clearly state the package details and seeking a reply by 2nd during holiday period is draconian.

Last edited:
I think he should care about it since it could lead to a lot of UK collectors boycotting his company.
Correct this IS Tonys problem, only he can provide the documents confirming the products authenticity. If this isn't resolved he may also loose PayPal as they don't deal with companies accused of selling counterfeit goods.

These websites might help explain your options for customers in the UK
Its a bit complicated and can take a long time to resolve a dispute
Note
You need act fast if you want your goods
Read carefully what your options are and follow the correct procedures

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...f-things-are-seized-by-hm-revenue-and-customs

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/border-force/about/complaints-procedure

Please note - HMRC cannot assist you with Border Force queries and vice versa. You should, therefore, ensure you contact the correct Post Seizure Unit as otherwise there may be a delay until your query is dealt with. When you contact them, you should quote the reference number on any documentation supplied to you.

You can contact the Border Force National Post Seizure Unit by writing to:
National Post Seizure Unit
UK Border Force
3rd Floor
West Point
Ebrington Street
Plymouth
PL4 9LT
or by Fax: 01752 765 816

Last edited:
Correct this IS Tonys problem, only he can provide the documents confirming the products authenticity. If this isn't resolved he may also loose PayPal as they don't deal with companies accused of selling counterfeit goods.

IMO-he doesn´t care about solving this Problem. Or has anyone who wrote an E-Mil to him already got a reply? And i thought German Customs are tough:grumpy:-feeling with you Guy´s and hope you´ll get this sorted out in Time:thumbs: If not Kimchi should get :jacked:

It's sad that in this one rare instance that someone has an issue with their steelbook they try to tarnish a well known person's credit. So sad what people will say over a piece of special packaging. Makes me embarrassed to be a steelbook collector now.

It's sad that in this one rare instance that someone has an issue with their steelbook they try to tarnish a well known person's credit. So sad what people will say over a piece of special packaging. Makes me embarrassed to be a steelbook collector now.
Unfortunately this one item, could result in all Kimchi products being seized as that's how UK customs works. So I can understand the comments. If the company doesn't confirm to the border agency that these are okay and proves that they are then company will be blacklisted, that's a serious problem for collectors in the UK. What the packaging is, is pretty much irrelevant in this case. [emoji3]

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: DK06CTR and harry
Disagree. It's just a case of trying to destroy someone's history over one instance where you don't get a steelbook before Christmas.

How did you reach to that conclusion? Please enlighten us. People have already posted proof of letter they received from customs. I dont think anyone on this forum has such a small heart to come with such a cheap idea to frame someone.

Of course retailers reputation is at stake which in this case is Kimchi. Agree what happened is beyond anyones control but Tony has to do his part and if its just some document he needs to send then I don't think its a big effort. If you are in business of shipping internationally then sometimes this rare occurrences are bount to happen which will affect both customer and business. And if this becomes recurring for UK customer then it will be a problem

I think Tony is doing his best to destroy his own reputation. The standard of customer service from Kimchi has been very poor recently. I do think that a few here are a little bit hypocritical and should give Tony opportunity to resolve the issue but admittedly it is looking increasing unlikely that this will reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Reactions: MrBMT
I think Tony is doing his best to destroy his own reputation. The standard of customer service from Kimchi has been very poor recently. I do think that a few here are a little bit hypocritical and should give Tony opportunity to resolve the issue but admittedly it is looking increasing unlikely that this will reach a satisfactory conclusion.
Well if he does sort it essentially he has Monday or Tuesday because everything else will be closed for new years after that so this one helluva tight deadline, the only thing I can think of that will extend the deadline will be respond to the letter and drag it out until he does sort it out

Thanks for your clear headed response. I respect your opinion more because of the decency of this post. I agree it needs to be fixed but some people really make it seem like the end of the world. Tony is entitled to a holiday as much as anyone else here.

How did you reach to that conclusion? Please enlighten us. People have already posted proof of letter they received from customs. I dont think anyone on this forum has such a small heart to come with such a cheap idea to frame someone.

Of course retailers reputation is at stake which in this case is Kimchi. Agree what happened is beyond anyones control but Tony has to do his part and if its just some document he needs to send then I don't think its a big effort. If you are in business of shipping internationally then sometimes this rare occurrences are bount to happen which will affect both customer and business. And if this becomes recurring for UK customer then it will be a problem

I think the biggest problem for all could be the time of year. In the same way that those affected are worried that they have no time to send letters off and for them to arrive before 2nd Jan, Tony has to contact the studio / rights owner (assuming they are 'open' over xmas) and ask them to create an official legal document (as retailers don't just get a standard accompanying letter each time they do a release) and then get it sent to him to then send on to UK Border Force (by letter or fax only!) before the 2nd Jan. If he is working over xmas himself that is.

And if he doesn't pull off this miracle then it would appear from some previous posts that it will all be his fault and his business will be tarnished, when deep down we all know this is a stupid mistake by UK BF but apparently that's their job so it's down to Tony to sort out. Poor guy! Even if he is working hard to help fix this problem he will still end up suffering.

It's fair to hope that Tony can help out. No doubt he will do what he can, if he can. But if he isn't able to turn this around in time then I hope that people will be sympathetic rather than casting blame.

Well,someone must be working at Kimchi over the Holidays-i ordered some Steel Shells yesterday and just checked my Account and they are marked as shipped!!!

And if someone is working there today-doesn´t he check the incomming Mails?:dunno:

If **** happens then **** happens I know It's not his fault now and its border force but I simply can't afford to lose money on this despite the fact, this is a service we have paid for and they are his responsibility until they get into our hands