Iron Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #12) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 5, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular (SOLD OUT) - 1/4 Slip (SOLD OUT) (Pre-order on November 10 at 11 PM Korea time UTC+9. UK: 2 PM GMT / USA (east) 9 AM / USA (west) 6 AM ) Please use the following timezone converter to find out the time in your area
Price:
$42.90$ (after 3 days, $44.99)
Package detail:
-
2 discs
- Lenticular
- 1/4 slip
Print run: 3.7K
1850 for Oversea, 1850 for Local
Order Limit Qty:
Lenticular Edition : 2 per order
1/4 Slip : 1 per order

Paramount approved artwork

steelbook.jpg

interior.jpg

lenticular.jpg

quarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony may be trying to sort this before responding to anyone because of the time frame.

Has anyone stopped and thought that the person who seized these did so because he knows what they are and is hoping it can't be solved in time hence the very short time frame because he/she will make a fortune reselling them. I don't want to start a conspiracy theory but it wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened with our customs office.

I will stand by my comments:

1. I won't hold Tony responsible for this fiasco. I am ready to write off if UKBF are hellbent in destroying the goods.

2. Having said that, KimchiDvD are obliged to provide the necessary documents on time.

3. If this continues to happen, I am out of the game (no kidding)

Last edited:
Reactions: dannywizkid
I think he should care about it since it could lead to a lot of UK collectors boycotting his company.

More than that Tony should care because of the fact that if these steelbooks do end up getting destroyed irrespective of whose fault it is then there will be dozens of PayPal disputes with the reason being given as supply of counterfeit goods (as per the Border Force letter)

what ?! (just read the 4 last pages) what is going on guys ?

you mean UK customs kept some copies of Iron Man Kimchi just by saying there are fakes ?! how can they judge this ?!

wow that's insane ... I don't really understand everything

Reactions: MrBMT
I think he should care about it since it could lead to a lot of UK collectors boycotting his company.

I am sure he cares.
I will stand by my comments:

1. I won't hold Tony responsible for this fiasco. I am ready to write off if UKBF are hellbent in destroying the goods.

2. Having said that, KimchiDvD are obliged to provide the necessary documents on time.

3. If this continues to happen, I am out of the game (no kidding)

You should not get out of the game because of one little speed bump. I know you and I don't get along well, but maybe you should just relax a little bit. Don't just give up. I don't see how anyone could give up steelbook collecting. We as collectors love steelbooks. They are fun to collect. We love the movies and the packaging is a bonus and it feels good to have something that is rare. Hang in there and relax.

so is anybody sending letter back saying they don't agree with decision to destroy or will i be the only one?

I haven't received a letter yet but expecting one in tomorrows post, I will then be sending it back by registered first class.

FWIW, I don't hold any blame or malice against Kimchi or Tony I 100% blame the Border Force people and hold them fully to blame for what happens to MY steels, I do however expect Kimchi and Tony to do what they can to provide the required documentation to the authorities to help clear this mess up, we as purchasers do not have this information so therefore it cannot be supplied by us, all we can do is delay the destruction of our property!

Ron

The thing is the criticism Tony and KimchiDvD are getting at the moment is justified! Email's have gone unanswered for weeks, Facebook messages unanswered!

You may say "Well it is Christmas, he will be busy with family and holiday's"

We are all busy with Family and work for that matter! He runs a business, ATEOTD he should reply to questions in a timely fashion and people shouldn't be making excuses for this! It wouldn't take long to just acknowledge an email and then follow it up!

I've heard comments like "He must get 100's of emails asking where's my steelbook" well that's the business he choose to get into, so only logical he will get them sort of emails! It doesn't justify being ignorant! He sells a product, so should follow this up with good CS... If it's too much work for him then he should employ more helpers.

No one is trying to ruin KimchiDvD reputation, tbh I don't think they need help on that front! No business will survive with poor customer service. It's in their best interest to sort this out asap as I can only see them being targeted more by BF in the future, especially if this over enthusiastic BF officer is about..

I do honestly feel sorry for Tony, all this aggro after surgery is not good for anyone. Hopefully he will get this sorted fingers crossed.

what ?! (just read the 4 last pages) what is going on guys ?

you mean UK customs kept some copies of Iron Man Kimchi just by saying there are fakes ?! how can they judge this ?!

wow that's insane ... I don't really understand everything
Yep, that's pretty much it.. They are claiming that the steelbooks are counterfeit and that if you don't reply to border force by the second of jan '15 then the steelbooks will be destroyed.. it has to be proven that they are in fact official releases and the time scale to get border force to delay destruction is to get a letter to them within the next few days.. which is insane as the post offices are closed right now and there will also be no royal mail service during new year.

It's in no way kimchi's fault, however tony is needed to send documents to authenticate the steelbooks so they won't be destroyed and then can be sent on to the buyers.

I'm a bit worried that if tony does this, and the sale prices don't add up with what was declared on the packaging, there could be some trouble for him. Think this is a pretty bad situation in that way.. but hopefully it won't come to that.

I think what has happened is lot of parcels arriving from South Korea with a value marked as $20.00
It may be Border Force have noticed this is not the correct price and is avoiding Vat Duty payment to the UK which is an criminal offence
This can happen with popular releases and importing of goods they do watch out for this on occasions

They have for some reason decided to list these as counterfeit goods instead of listing non payment of VAT Duty

Note
You may be successful in avoiding destruction of the seized parcels if you comply with the letter you received but the real value of the goods will most likely will have to be declared and VAT Duty be paid and other costs for return of your parcel

Last edited:
I am sure he cares.

You should not get out of the game because of one little speed bump. I know you and I don't get along well, but maybe you should just relax a little bit. Don't just give up. I don't see how anyone could give up steelbook collecting. We as collectors love steelbooks. They are fun to collect. We love the movies and the packaging is a bonus and it feels good to have something that is rare. Hang in there and relax.
Thanks man for those words of encouragement. [emoji106] When 2 of my packages sent from Japan to the UK worth $500 went AWOL and when I lost £200 due to a scammer at a different forum I was so close to quitting collecting Blu-rays but I didn't give up. I really hope this doesn't continue to happen as it really dampens the spirit of collecting. [emoji33]

BTW, I still feel Tony has to be bit more responsive as he hardly replies to emails and it is kind of annoying.

Edit; not sure why the fonts are messed up. [emoji56]

Last edited:
It seems that everybody is blaming Tony but it seems to me he is not to blame , he has only don what has been asked of him , and that is to ship your steelbooks with the amount asked to write on the custom form . So lets look who is responsible for this its the customs officer . what right do thy have to say its a fake , It is there Job to check it , all thy have to do is send an email to Paramount and ask them if kimchidvd Korea has the copyrights to distribute Iron Man ,Its that Simple . Thy Reply saying all is above board and then just wait for your steels to arrive from the custom's .

There's a few questions that need raised

1, why would anyone think a quality product like this is fake.

2. Why the very short time scale

3. Why were these even opened in the first place, it's not like there was thousands arriving.

This all really does make me think someone at the customs office is trying to pull a fast one.

I hope those replying to them give them hell, and make it known that they will be grouping together to consult on this matter. Tony certainly needs to play his part as they are calling his goods fake and threaten legal action. Also make sure that when replying to stipulate that any damage will hold customs liable to full costs on replacing it.

It seems that everybody is blaming Tony but it seems to me he is not to blame , he has only don what has been asked of him , and that is to ship your steelbooks with the amount asked to write on the custom form . So lets look who is responsible for this its the customs officer . what right do thy have to say its a fake , It is there Job to check it , all thy have to do is send an email to Paramount and ask them if kimchidvd Korea has the copyrights to distribute Iron Man ,Its that Simple . Thy Reply saying all is above board and then just wait for your steels to arrive from the custom's .

Think you need to re-read posts :emb:

No one has blamed Tony for these being seized, that would be wrong!

The BF are the one's to blame for incorrectly seizing these and then giving people a deadline that is almost impossible to comply with!

What most people's gripe with Tony (KimchiDvD) is... The lack of communication and Customer service! Emails have been sent and Facebook messages left with no reply. A simple "I will be sorting this out" would put most minds at rest, he did state near 2 weeks ago he would be looking into the missing deliveries but not sure if he ever did (He would of surely been informed his shipment was held) I'm no expert so not sure how it works.

Yet again the subject of Christmas will come up and how busy he (KimchiDvD) is, BUT it is a business and not a part time job he does on the side. So as such, he really should be trying to answer emails and social media questions within a good time frame.

Anyway... Hopefully he will reply to blu-steel email and fax some documents over to the numptys at HMRC. If I get a letter tomorrow I will try and get a letter off to them and send it special delivery.

Think you need to re-read posts :emb:

No one has blamed Tony for these being seized, that would be wrong!

The BF are the one's to blame for incorrectly seizing these and then giving people a deadline that is almost impossible to comply with!

What most people's gripe with Tony (KimchiDvD) is... The lack of communication and Customer service! Emails have been sent and Facebook messages left with no reply. A simple "I will be sorting this out" would put most minds at rest, he did state near 2 weeks ago he would be looking into the missing deliveries but not sure if he ever did (He would of surely been informed his shipment was held) I'm no expert so not sure how it works.

Yet again the subject of Christmas will come up and how busy he (KimchiDvD) is, BUT it is a business and not a part time job he does on the side. So as such, he really should be trying to answer emails and social media questions within a good time frame.

Anyway... Hopefully he will reply to blu-steel email and fax some documents over to the numptys at HMRC. If I get a letter tomorrow I will try and get a letter off to them and send it special delivery.
Same here man

My apologies for not getting round to this yesterday, but as promised this is pretty much what I'm going to be sending to Border Force tomorrow.
Please feel free to use/adapt it as needed - I hope it's of use to the rest of you in the same situation!

<Your Address>

<Date goes here>

Reference: <Reference number from letter>

Dear Sir/Madam,

On 24th December I received notification that a blu-ray film I had ordered is believed by yourselves to be counterfeit and that you intend to destroy it.

The item in question being Iron Man Steelbook Lenticular Limited Edition (Kimchidvd Exclusive No.12) which was purchased directly from KimchiDVD’s official online store at the following URL:
http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20407

I object to your destruction of these goods, as I believe that you have made a mistake for the following reasons:

You state the items are "Recorded DVD". When in fact the goods are not DVDs, but blu-ray disks. If you attempted to establish that they they were genuine DVDs, they would not be found to be as they are not DVDs at all.
You say FACT is the right holder, yet they are extremely unlikely to have any idea about the licensing agreements for a film in South Korea, considering they are a UK organisation and would not have any involvement with the film licensing in a foreign country nor be granting any the rights to the film in this situation.

In addition, Steelbook cases are manufactured by one company - Scanavo - http://www.scanavo.com/ and before they produce them they have to have the artwork licensed by the rights holders, etc. Why would they be granted a license to produce Steelbooks for a film when the Steelbooks were requested by a company that had no rights to distribute the film?

If you were to contact the licensee for Iron Man in South Korea, I am sure they would confirm for you that these are genuine licensed products - people I know involved in the Steelbook community inform me that it is not the first time Border Force have made this mistake with regards to Steelbooks ordered from KimchiDVD and that last time it was cleared up by the licence holder/KimchiDVD providing documents proving that they were officially licensed, genuine products.

KimchiDVD has been selling films and Steelbooks for years and are a respected, well known retailer throughout the worldwide Steelbook community, if they were ever found to be providing counterfeit films it would ruin their reputation.

I request that you do not destroy my copy as I do not believe you are correct and that you perform a proper investigation into my claims.

You can contact me via email: <email address>
Or via phone: <phone number>

Regards,
<Your Name>

Last edited:
My apologies for not getting round to this yesterday, but as promised this is pretty much what I'm going to be sending to Border Force tomorrow. Please feel free to use/adapt it as needed.

<Your Address>

<Date goes here>

Reference: <Reference number from letter>

Dear Sir/Madam,

On 24th December I received notification that a blu-ray film I had ordered is believed by yourselves to be counterfeit and that you intend to destroy it.

The item in question being Iron Man Steelbook Lenticular Limited Edition (Kimchidvd Exclusive No.12) which was purchased directly from KimchiDVD’s official online store at the following URL:
http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20407

I object to your destruction of these goods, as I believe that you have made a mistake for the following reasons:

You state the items are "Recorded DVD". When in fact the goods are not DVDs, but blu-ray disks. If you attempted to establish that they they were genuine DVDs, they would not be found to be as they are not DVDs at all.
You say FACT is the right holder, yet they are extremely unlikely to have any idea about the licensing agreements for a film in South Korea, considering they are a UK organisation and would not have any involvement with the film licensing in a foreign country nor be granting any the rights to the film in this situation.

In addition, Steelbook cases are manufactured by one company - Scanavo - http://www.scanavo.com/ and before they produce them they have to have the artwork licensed by the rights holders, etc. Why would they be granted a license to produce Steelbooks for a film when the Steelbooks were requested by a company that had no rights to distribute the film?

If you were to contact the licensee for Iron Man in South Korea, I am sure they would confirm for you that these are genuine licensed products - people I know involved in the Steelbook community inform me that it is not the first time Border Force have made this mistake with regards to Steelbooks ordered from KimchiDVD and that last time it was cleared up by the licence holder/KimchiDVD providing documents proving that they were officially licensed, genuine products.

KimchiDVD has been selling films and Steelbooks for years and are a respected, well known retailer throughout the worldwide Steelbook community, if they were ever found to be providing counterfeit films it would ruin their reputation.

I request that you do not destroy my copy as I do not believe you are correct and that you perform a proper investigation into my claims.

You can contact me via email: <email address>
Or via phone: <phone number>

Regards,
<Your Name>

Sh*t dude had no idea this was going on! Hope it all works out ok for you though!

Reactions: MrBMT
Thanks man for those words of encouragement. [emoji106] When 2 of my packages sent from Japan to the UK worth $500 went AWOL and when I lost £200 due to a scammer at a different forum I was so close to quitting collecting Blu-rays but I didn't give up. I really hope this doesn't continue to happen as it really dampens the spirit of collecting. [emoji33]

BTW, I still feel Tony has to be bit more responsive as he hardly replies to emails and it is kind of annoying.

Edit; not sure why the fonts are messed up. [emoji56]

That sucks you lost two packages from Japan. It does make you question if it is really worth it or not. I guess maybe just step back and take a breather might be a good option and just buy smaller amounts.

I do agree that Tony needs to be more responsive in his communication. It can be frustrating at times. I hope everything works out for you and everyone else who has packages missing or being held. Nothing worse than the anticipation of something you really want and to only see it go missing or confiscated for some stupid reason.