Reservoir Dogs (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive no. 61) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 31, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on May 31, at 8 PM Hong Kong time)
Price: $163.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti & DL)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Karl Fitzgerald features "Full Glossy" Finish with debossed title.
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Retro Poster Style,Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Reservoir_overall_box_LS_DLS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_FS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_LS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_DLS_1200x.jpg

Last edited:
My concern is whether the SL will be a blurry lenti. And I don’t know if I should go with the DL, but there’s also the risk that might be blurry also. Don’t know what to pick up

I am also wary of the SL's lenticular. It could work really nicely, or be a car crash. I think the DL is pretty safe and should come out well.

I really like the FS front but the back is a bit of a mess. I am sure it will be well implemented but just not loving the design.

Overall, a bit of a meh release but I feel compelled to go for one as I don't have the film in 4K or any Steelbook.

I am also wary of the SL's lenticular. It could work really nicely, or be a car crash.
TBH, if you look at the picture on Collectong's page, the starting picture appears to be kind of blurry per se... So I agree the DL should be a safe purchase... Not for me though, as I always make wrong decisions and will go for the SL anyway...

• Haha
Reactions: Xizhui and Rulocal
very interested but not a fan of the actual steelbook itself admittedly.

does anyone know if the FS background is suppose to be a placeholder for some kind of cardboard or recycled paper material?

For those that own the reservoir dogs Nova lenti, is the art blurry? I want to get the SL for this release, but am worried about the art being blurry

For those that own the reservoir dogs Nova lenti, is the art blurry? I want to get the SL for this release, but am worried about the art being blurry
Not particularly, no. It's decent. That being said, it's white, not black, and it's nova, not manta. Nova's lentis have been great the vast majority of the time, in my opinion. Manta's have not.

I wish there was a way to tell whether the SL or DL will have the better lenti
Same. If manta weren't the (moderately) well oiled conveyor belt premium manufacturer they are under collectong, they probably would still post in hand shots. That's one thing I've always appreciated about Nova and WeET.