Frasr

Premium Supporter
Triple Play Blu ray / DVD / Digital Copy
Release Date: December 3rd, 2012
Buy Here - £16
TDKR_SB_3D_HMV.jpg

Thanks to hmv insider Asushi:
Asushi said:
Here's the early artwork for the HMV steelbook, should be up online over the weekend to look at and available to pre-order in a while after that, no price or link yet though I'm afraid.
Same artwork as other regions and likely to have a j-card with no printing on the steel.

to put things in perspective for those who live in the UK .... TDKR HMV was 50k

Actual pics thanks to BluSteel2012:
DSC02365.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP_qtUB6bI

Attachments

• TDKR_SB_3D_HMV.jpg
    TDKR_SB_3D_HMV.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 361
Last edited by a moderator:
My Dark Shadows took nearly 3 weeks to come, so relax, it will come, only a tad late. It's ridiculous that it takes so long for them to come across the Irish sea from the UK!

I hate ordering online from them but yes, my HMV stocks about only half the amount of Steelbooks released by HMV in the UK. BULLSH**T! :angry:

Should be able to just walk into the store on release day and pick it up.

I'm surprised you didn't do that with this title as loads of these were released in HMV in Ireland last week. I picked up mine instore at 09.30 last Friday morning. I just preordered it months ago with them and had it on release day.

I went in on the release day of spiderman and asked for that and also TED steelbook and they told me they wouldn't stock them because of the ultraviolet, I asked if they would get in the dark knight steelbook the fallowing week and they told me NO, that's why I bought on line. I went in on release day to just have a look and and there they are on the shelve load of steelbooks of dark knight rises. Ha.

I pre ordered this and amazing spiderman steelbook and still waiting on them, my local HMV told me they weren't going to be stocking steelbooks with ultra violet any more because the ultra violet dosent work in ireland.
I don't mind buying on line but should it take this long? Spiderman was shipped on 24th of last month and dark knight on the 28th. Anyone from Ireland that buys from hmv.com know how long shipping can take?

It's always a good idea to pre-order HMV steelbooks form their website, because its almost impossible till release date which exclusive will be released in Ireland IE hunger games but not Sherlock Holmes 2. I still haven't got my copy of Spider-Man either. But from experience I've waited up to 6 weeks for a delivery I pre ordered drive steelbook back in the day but when it finally arrived 6 weeks later it was FUBARed. So any time I order from them it's fingers crossed :thumbs:

German and UK editions now sold out. Very surprising. I thought this title would be around a long time.

That is a bit of a surprise, I though there was a huge print run on these. I'm guessing there will be plenty left in stores though for a while.

I went in on the release day of spiderman and asked for that and also TED steelbook and they told me they wouldn't stock them because of the ultraviolet, I asked if they would get in the dark knight steelbook the fallowing week and they told me NO, that's why I bought on line. I went in on release day to just have a look and and there they are on the shelve load of steelbooks of dark knight rises. Ha.

That's just HMV all over.

I try and preorder instore. If they tell me they won't be getting it in then I order from online. Works out more expensive with the Sterling and the shipping costs though.

You can now add lying to your face as another reason to despise HMV :violent:

I called customer service yesterday asking why my order (placed on the 3rd for discount code) had not yet shipped, and was told there was a payment problem on my end (there wasn't).

When i asked for the payment to be retried over the phone, i was told their network would not accept a new payment and that the order would have to be cancelled and a new order created :ugh:

I immediately refused this as i already knew they were having stock problems (at least), and a totally new order was highly unlikely to be honored.

But the dumb lying bint insisted that was the only way to proceeded if i wanted the steel.

The result?
24 hours later and there is no new order on my HMV account, no funds taken from my card, and a email from HMV saying that my original order has been cancelled. :BS:
even went through the charade of confirming which card i was using & checking the correct delivery address. :mad:

Of course i have now deleted all my reamining orders with HMV (Total Recall & Skyfall), but i'm not
sure if i even want to set foot again in one of their shops.... but i need this final part of the film trilogy, even if the artwork is bland & boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate just grab one from many london stores which are selling these in droves. Bite the bullet....its not always this bad....never had a single issue with HMV myself.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

If u refuse to go hmv....All my local london cex stores are selling these for 15....woodgreen...canary wharf...goodge street etc

Reactions: SaberTooth
CEX Wood Green had plenty of copies today, not sealed but they looked brand new. Reckon the local HMV must have been just taking their stock to CEX to get rid as they had plenty copies of Avengers, Dark Shadows and MIB3 in similar condition.

You can now add lying to your face as another reason to despise HMV :violent:

I called customer service yesterday asking why my order (placed on the 3rd for discount code) had not yet shipped, and was told there was a payment problem on my end (there wasn't).

When i asked for the payment to be retried over the phone, i was told their network would not accept a new payment and that the order would have to be cancelled and a new order created :ugh:

I immediately refused this as i already knew they were having stock problems (at least), and a totally new order was highly unlikely to be honored.

But the dumb lying bint insisted that was the only way to proceeded if i wanted the steel.

The result?
24 hours later and there is no new order on my HMV account, no funds taken from my card, and a email from HMV saying that my original order has been cancelled. :BS:
even went through the charade of confirming which card i was using & checking the correct delivery address. :mad:

Of course i have now deleted all my reamining orders with HMV (Total Recall & Skyfall), but i'm not
sure if i even want to set foot again in one of their shops.... but i need this final part of the film trilogy, even if the artwork is bland & boring.

doubt i will use hmv again, they tried to screw me out of my refund after i sent back a steelbook but got my money back in the end, plus their delivery service is a joke.

Makes me laugh how they've started showing that ad on tv that says they've been around since 1921, it's a wonder they're still around given their customer service sucks and today's financial climate! Anyway, on the subject of the steel itself, just got this baby in hand and it's hard to tell with all the rain on the cover if there are any blemishes or if it's just part of the design, had to check mine against the image on here just to be sure!!

Last edited:
Ordered on Monday to use the discount code (from Skyfall) been away all week with work so checked email tonight to see when it was dispatched - nothing - so checked HMV and it says steelbook is deleted!!!?!!

I need to pick up copies for Ninjas - is this same price in store or usual mark up?..

Ordered on Monday to use the discount code (from Skyfall) been away all week with work so checked email tonight to see when it was dispatched - nothing - so checked HMV and it says steelbook is deleted!!!?!!

I need to pick up copies for Ninjas - is this same price in store or usual mark up?..

I think another poster said that some stores were matching the online price.

Also, is it me or are HMV's retail outlets shrinking? Two stores near me no longer exist. If i could stand to go into one of their shops again, i'd have to travel much further than i would have 2 years ago.

Reactions: Antman