The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:
As others have said, the front is excellent, the back artwork was expected after The Jungle Book, but the inside art is sheer laziness :(

Here it is folks...No glossy finish though it's Matt.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Gotta say that I'm :( about the blank Inside & Rear, BUT, look at that great front! :scat:

Ok... for the price, I was expecting more... like you all, but at least, it's Region Free so it will play in my PS3 (soon PS4) :oohyeah:

Added pics to OP. :)

Reactions: Pud1804
Here it is folks...No glossy finish though it's Matt.

FrHtnwv.jpg

ajLzq36.jpg

CdaC9RH.jpg

xw3GhVO.jpg

7CaQKb0.jpg

cOzaVWf.jpg

GOOD LORD! and you all are whining about The Great Gatsby?

Is Zavvi laughing at us with this bullsh!t? I mean, seriously, is this for real?
This can't be real. A few tiny bubbles on the back? NOTHING on the inside?

Honestly, I think this might be the biggest slap in the face from Zavvi so far.

Well folks, there it is, the long awaited Little Mermaid steelbook. One of the most desired Disney steelbooks, and Zavvi snares the rights. The only LM steel in the world. And what do they give us? Matte finish. Lifeless, pointless, boring, laughably sad back cover and slap in the face interior. What a friggin joke. How sad what they've done. They took a great opportunity, and wasted it.

Oh, and let's not forget that the back cover and inside art were kept as a surprise. I revise my above statement. This IS the biggest slap in the face from Zavvi.

Does anybody on this entire forum feel that the inside artwork has anything to do with this movie? Anyone?

Seriously... right now, I hate Zavvi.

Compare the possibilities:

Engelskind post #146

I think this one and Jungle Book won't go live this weekend :hilarious:

Maybe in the next 2 weeks :D

Btw - this artwork would be nice :D

View attachment 35518

View attachment 35519

My post #171

I think inside #1 is the best. But inside #2 would be very nice too.

INSIDE #1

LMinside1_zpsf09bf250.jpg

INSIDE #2

LMinside2_zps93216f82.jpg

I don't understand, why with no other embossing on the front, they don't just de-boss the title. This would at least be closer to the image they were showing for Months.

Reactions: gaeljet
Maybe now, finally, people will start to see the overrated rip-off that is Disney Steelbooks.

I don't own one in my collection. The U.S. 5 disc combo packs with lenticular slips (and 3D versions of the movies) are much better value.

I can understand why people would collect them, and everyone has their preference, don't get me wrong.

But If I paid nearly €30 for this one disc bare bones Steelbook with an incredibly lazy design for BOTH back and inside art (I mean c'mon-shots of black murky underwater?? Look at the catalogue of artwork they could've chose from) I'd be seriously pissed.

Shocking for the price they demanded.

Thanks for the pics. Nothing arrived here as expected. Never get anything on Friday and lucky to get Saturday.

Disney range is hit and miss. People raved over finding nemo, I though the finish was lacklustre and could have been better. Jungle Book had non inspiring back and poor finish.

Roger rabbit and Aladdin were superb.