The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if there telling the truth but the site says over 80% of there stock has been sold.
It's easy to know. You just have to know the order number of someone here who bought it yesterday at 8PM when it went live, and compare it to yours.
Even if I know each order could contains 2 copies, I doubt a lot of people bought 2 sets.

It's easy to know. You just have to know the order number of someone here who bought it yesterday at 8PM when it went live, and compare it to yours.
Even if I know each order could contains 2 copies, I doubt a lot of people bought 2 sets.

It's currently in the #2240+ range

*Disclaimer*
I am in no way sticking up for EB (as I have none of their titles yet...)
When you say EB is no BF, it kind of made me giggle - because Manta became MANTA! on their FIRST release!:rofl: On their FIRST release everbody already crowned them the "New King".:LOL:
I love Manta releases - but any retailer can go from bums to kings in a heartbeat with fairweather collectors. I hope EB is good stuff. (I never wish for a loser). Most startups are gonna have growing pains - cut 'em some slack. If you get SOTD and it isn't great - then unload. But there is also a good chance you are going love it too! ;)

Manta are a good retailer but I don't think are the best. They guys already learned the tricks from other established premium retailers and got it almost right from the start. So credit for that. However they are quite pricey and their Lenticulars have been just so-so.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Manta are a good retailer but I don't think are the best. They guys already learned the tricks from other established premium retailers and got it almost right from the start. So credit for that. However they are quite pricey and their Lenticulars have been just so-so.
True. Also it amazes me how some have such short memories...when Blufans started it took 6 months to get a release!
(if you collect figures the wait times are even worse! - when you order something from Sideshow, it is usually a YEAR!)
Unless I'm buying something as a gift (that has a time requirement) I could care less if it takes extra time- especially if it means they are getting it right.
Part of me wonders if anyone over at Manta was with one of the other retailers beforehand - because they really seemed to have a handle on the process surprisingly fast.
I agree that, like FA, Manta need to get a handle on not having their prices inflate based on popularity rather than quality.

True. Also it amazes me how some have such short memories...when Blufans started it took 6 months to get a release!
(if you collect figures the wait times are even worse! - when you order something from Sideshow, it is usually a YEAR!)
Unless I'm buying something as a gift (that has a time requirement) I could care less if it takes extra time- especially if it means they are getting it right.
Part of me wonders if anyone over at Manta was with one of the other retailers beforehand - because they really seemed to have a handle on the process surprisingly fast.
I agree that, like FA, Manta need to get a handle on not having their prices inflate based on popularity rather than quality.

Some releases are fairly priced, such as Constantine and Kingsman. It's the Marvel DC type movies that have a much higher license cost to factor in.

Well it must be doing well because my order no is #1735 for this and if it is in the #2240 there must be atleast 100 left.

It does amuse me they can post how much stock is left but won't reply to people concerned about their Shaun orders

And it amuses me this is nearly sold out considering it's a embarrassment of trilogy of films and like myself most just have a soft spot for the first film.

Amazing what a decent slip can do to below mediocre films with an awful lead

Wonder how many are re sellers too

Let's hope they handle this better than Shaun for you all - good luck

It does amuse me they can post how much stock is left but won't reply to people concerned about their Shaun orders
It's not a post, but information displayed on the product page in their web store.

Can be easily done automatically, triggered to update at a defined stock level or multiple levels, rounded appropriately, etc. :thumbs:

Of course there could be somebody updating the page manually, watching stock level like a hawk ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

And it amuses me this is nearly sold out considering it's a embarrassment of trilogy of films and like myself most just have a soft spot for the first film.

Not so sure this will be that sought after enough to make a profit, especially with so many current alternative options out there to pick up the same movies.

The fact that this is the only so-called premium package for these wonderfully entertaining big budget blockbuster films might just have something to do with it :rolleyes:
Handsome and lovingly detailed "Book of the Dead" slipbox is the icing on the cake containing 3 well above par nicely designed embossed steelbooks make up this almost perfect package :thumbs:
#2155 (12:30AM)
Now with proper database entry:-
upload_2017-5-31_14-33-46.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95

Due to the high cost + shipping cost, it's going to be very hard to resell this for profit unless demand for The Mummy Trilogy is larger than I think.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
It's not a post, but information displayed on the product page in their web store.

Can be easily done automatically, triggered to update at a defined stock level or multiple levels, rounded appropriately, etc. :thumbs:

Of course there could be somebody updating the page manually, watching stock level like a hawk ;)

I think it was being updated as it started showing hours after pre order but you may be right

Not so sure this will be that sought after enough to make a profit, especially with so many current alternative options out there to pick up the same movies.

Possibly

Due to the high cost + shipping cost, it's going to be very hard to resell this for profit unless demand for The Mummy Trilogy is larger than I think.

Shipping was cheap in the uk but my point was re sellers still by these to re sell, it's only later on the secondary market when they don't sell they realise this and have to sell at cost or lower

There's literally 5 left FYI