The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook + DVD Audio) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #14)[Korea]

Which full slip cover art do you prefer?

• Artwork #1

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Artwork #1

Votes: 76 44.7%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 78 45.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: May 25th 2014
Price: US$36.99; No limit on order quantity
Buy links:
The Pianist - Full Slipcover (OOS)
The Pianist - Lenticular cover (OOS)
The Pianist - 1/4 slipcover (non exclusive) live !

Group Buy: Click here
Pre-order date and time:
View attachment 67981
Pre-order gift:
if you pre order full slipcover (if poll result is option#1), you can get full slipcover option#2 as free, pre-order gift. (vise versa)
Print run info:
- lenticular slipcover 1.5K
- full slipcover 1.5K
- 1/4 slip 0.5K (non-exclusive)

Notes: full high glossy with embossed title and hands, 2-disc edition - 1x blu-ray and 1x dvd audio
subtitles: Korean, English, Chinese (Both), French, Finnish, Swedish.

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1387775504471753.jpg

Full Slipcover Package:
13983321254592676.jpg

10154233_1528620660698479_2144388144118080906_n.jpg

Lenticular cover artwork and package:
1398331874096543.jpg

1398221485857726.gif

13877776732922111.jpg

13877779102871735.jpg

1388139329490457.jpg

Detailed Info:
Publisher :Contents Zone
ReleaseDate :
List Price :USD
Our Price :USD
You Save :USD
Year :2003 (국내개봉)
Stock Status:Coming Soon
Weight :g

Technical Information
Genre: Drama
Directors: Roman Polanski
Actors: Adrien Brody / Thomas Kretschmann / Frank Finlay
Aspect Ratio & Format: High Definition 1080p Widescreen Presentation 1.85:1
Language: English / French / Italian
Sound Mix: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch/DD 5.1
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese / French / Finnish / Swedish
Rating: 18
Region Code: all
Run Time: 148 mins
Number of discs: 2

Special Features
- Behind Story
- Piano performance
- Interview with Director & Cast
- Behind Scene
- Trailer

Additional information:
A brilliant pianist, a Polish Jew, witnesses the restrictions Nazis place on Jews in the Polish capital, from restricted access to the building of the Warsaw ghetto. As his family is rounded up to be shipped off to the Nazi labor camps, he escapes deportation and eludes capture by living in the ruins of Warsaw.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
The Full slip is still in stock
You need to create a Kimchidvd account on the site by registering your details
Think the price was $36.99 + $10.81 K-Packet shipping total $47.80 which works out roughly £28.50 to UK
K-Packet is tracked & for me most of my orders arrive between 6-10 days
You have an option to fill your invoice total to avoid customs.
I mark as merchandise $15.00 & seems to avoid customs charges.
Hope the info helps.
Just be aware when Steelbooks go live for preorder they sell out fast as many HDN members will verify.
Thanks for the explanation! Just ordered myself a copy of the full slip :)

I would have said the lenticular was better myself. I have just recieved the full slip now and have to say this is real quality. The package is heavy, the great artwork, the extra slip box. This is a great release from Kimchi, I can't decide which I think is best. I think the lenti stands out more but the Full Slip is the more complete package. I would say the Full Slip is the one to get!:scat:

I think its hard for me to tell what I like more. I like the lenticular because of the piano keys as the path. I like both equally!!! :scat:

I think its hard for me to tell what I like more. I like the lenticular because of the piano keys as the path. I like both equally!!! :scat:

I have both, and they are both gorgeous... I feel I'm more inclined towards the full slip. I think that might be since I started down the Plain Archive route... I'm just loving full slips. This, Amelie (I own the full slip and the type B lenticular but prefer the full slip), Rush (I ordered both but have traded the lenticular), Snowpiercer... All gorgeous.

Ordered one flull slip and paid 16$ shipping EEK!

edit: Am I the only one who paid that much (Germany)? Maybe because of the weight of 550 gr.?

Last edited:
Still waiting for my lenticular here. Apparently they have been here last Thursday (seen on the track and trace), but nobody was home, and I have not seen the parcel delivery van after Thursday... Would not been the first time my postal office is going to screw up everything and just send it back to Korea without letting me know a thing....

edit: Am I the only one who paid that much (Germany)? Maybe because of the weight of 550 gr.?

I paid 16.58 USD shipping fee for both, lenticular and full slip. All three versions together have been 24,88 USD.

Best wishes,

Michael

Reactions: UZO

I think with the extra weight of the full slip the shipping was more expensive than just the lenticular. I think everyone who ordered the full slip will have paid the same.

Full slip shipping to UK was $16.58, so that looks to be normal.

I haven't given much attention to this thread before. I saw the film for the first time just on friday and thought that I MUST have this steelbook. Thank goodness Kimchidvd still has full slip versions available! :scat:

Last edited:
I ordered the full slip version already, so I don't think I will get the lenticular version either. It doesn't look that special, and other members here have said that the full slip version is a better choice.

Reactions: Narg
I ordered the full slip version already, so I don't think I will get the lenticular version either. It doesn't look that special, and other members here have said that the full slip version is a better choice.

I got the full slip as well but I can't decide.I think I want it just so I have both but then is it worth it cause people saying on here the full slip is better overall decisions decisions.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Went ahead and got Amelie instead rather get a different exclusive then pay for the same film again.

Anyone who ordered the full slip version know what the "gift" is supposed to be? It looks like an alternate slipbox that we could use instead of the original? :dunno:

So tempted, but the shipping is kind of ridiculous.