Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah some good oldies that used thick is Hellboy 2 DE, death race DE(original) and one of the last TDK/BB france

awesome embossing/debossing due to thicker metal (same with IM FS)

The good old days, I doubt there will be many steels made again using that heavier material. They not only looked but felt like a quality premium item.

Someone already mentioned elsewhere on here that Blufans use a much thinner steel, that could well be why they have problems with gloss finishes.

Time will tell whether that changes. With an international store on the way and possible Paypal service shoppers have come back that they didn't have before with a group buy.

I think this is starting to temp Kimchidvd to start the process of releasing their own version, if they haven't already done so to end this debate once and for all as to who has the best version around :D
And for the record, I would've rather had Natalie Portman "splattered" :drool: all over the slipcover than Mr. Hemsworth

Last edited:
Someone already mentioned elsewhere on here that Blufans use a much thinner steel, that could well be why they have problems with gloss finishes.

Where does this information come from? ALL steelbooks use thinner metal than a few years ago, not just Blufans. And what does the gauge of a steelbook have to do with the finishing?

There has been alot of Blufans bashing ever since the apocalypse, but misinformation like this really is not warranted.

Where does this information come from? ALL steelbooks use thinner metal than a few years ago, not just Blufans. And what does the gauge of a steelbook have to do with the finishing?

There has been alot of Blufans bashing ever since the apocalypse, but misinformation like this really is not warranted.

publisher does not have any authorization to choose metal

Sacanavo just used the metal imported from Japan steel.

sent from Galaxy S4

We've seen this kind of comments and debate time and time again, same as original artwork, Original Release will devalue, I won't buy etc... I guess this is why we have forums and different opinions, BUT one thing for sure this WILL sell out and while I LOVE the original Thor (I have three of them and all sealed, Japan 'by far the best', Thailand '3D Version' and of course the now infamous HMV release with all the praise given to it here lol, I tell you one thing this will be MY Thor jewel when it's in my collection. Like Wreck said this will make a nice display next to it's brother and we will FINALLY have an amazing slip to top it off, it's all about the slip for this one and don't fool yourselves by saying I don't like it cause I know deep down you do but just bcs you own the original does not have to mean this re-release is a let-down, hell if you already like the original artwork this surely is a step better with the clouds bg effect/awesome back artwork and most importantly the slip, now BF take my money NOW!! :D

DB - Were you hinting this was Blufans ebay shop or did i misinterpret the message ?
If so how do you know this is actually Blufans themselves and not just a 3rd party seller ?
I see no evidence that it is Blufans officially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Aus & anyone else who may have seen my original post here

Thanks for the question. I was away Sunday for a personal celebration, so I am just now catching up in this thread. But, as I originally posted this as an FYI, for people who may be looking for buying alternates, I looked back at this to answer your inquiry. Having been familiar with Ebay, and some of the 'strategies', distribution chit chat and complexities of that since early 90's, a few 'indicators' stuck out to me when I first came upon the link, which made me decide to share their link in case it was them.

In the meantime, I know some other members said it's not them, anyway so feel free to disregard if no longer applicable-I just wanted to be sure to reply to you. Could also just be someone who has a direct connection to a distributor in China. I thought it may be them because when I came across that link, saw the username, and the description (ships direct from China, and customer service info) and the fact that they are selling a 'pre-order', promising 'immediate' shipment, and BF have had the need for 'agents' in the past due to some additional business complexities in China.

When I saw the product link originally days ago, there was also extra text in the description which seems to have been removed now, so my thoughts at the time were this...

Edit history of description:

The seller has revised the following item information:
Date Time Revised Information
Mar-24-14 19:54:15 PDT
Description

Mar-26-14 04:11:56 PDT
Description
Quantity

Apr-04-14 18:58:43 PDT
Description

The text that was in there before was:

"Don't be fooled by those second hand supplier in Taiwan, Singapore."

So to me it looked like either someone was trying to make a statement that they are 'direct' (which still could 'just' been someone acting as agent, or working directly with BF distributor, not necessarily BF), would be 'others selling' it, but perhaps those should not be deemed as 'reliable/direct' sellers, vs. this screen name we're talking about. Or could be a competitor that happens to be selling BF releases direct just making a comment regarding other sellers that may sell them, and put customers 'on notice' regarding any competing sellers on Ebay-lots of stuff like is posted in Ebay descriptions from competing sellers, just to get people to buy from a certain member.

Since they are still trying to finalize their direct store BF store, and international sales, Ebay would give them a faster way to sell internationally , even if with low qty's.

For the sake of collectors who do want these releases, I'm relieved to hear it may not be BF direct at all, given the price that appears in that listing :ohno:

If not this seller though, then I am sure they'll make known soon enough if they are, or planning to sell through Ebay as well. I am confident members will find more info as we go along, due to the relative popularity of their releases....

Last edited:

While there is truth in what you say gauge has a lot to do with embossing/debossing .... tho maybe you are not referring to "Finish" to include that feature. If thats the case then yes no gauge doesnt have much to do with finish such as matte and gloss.

BUT ... I know FIRST HAND (as I have insider information) why they have had issues with some of their steels flaking or having scratches etc more common then others. Ive already said before why (not in this thread) so im not going to keep looking like im running them through the ringer. Esp since I dont open my blufans steels so it would be a bit hypocritical ... but I know if everyone did open theirs there would be a much bigger apocalypse. ;p

We hosted a lot of group buys over the years and had to field a lot of unhappy people for those who do open steels ... so it is what it is... just saying.

But yeah overall they make a great package and I'm a fan of the steels.

Blufans use a much thinner steel, that could well be why they have problems with gloss finishes.

tho maybe you are not referring to "Finish" to include that feature.

I was referring to the paint finish, which the poster implied (that's the impression I got anyway and apologies if not) paint issues is down to Blufans using a much thinner (than the usual thinness?) steel.

Reactions: digitalbabe