Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pleased to see this get a steel. But I'm disappointed that I now have to buy exclusive Steels from Zavvi - I try to avoid them as much as possible. :(:):(

I'm the same. Ordered two steels from them about a week ago and they both came in cardboard envelopes with no protection!

v8gwu.jpg

Zavvi outlet sent me a steelbook in this mailer, about as thin and 'bubble free' as you can get! Woeful stuff...also slower than a week in jail...took 8 working days to arrive.

That's the outlet packaging (who I don't trust!). The Zavvi packaging is mostly the cardboard mailers. Have sent some feedback directly via twitter to um..pre-warn them about steelbook packaging just in case.

Above all else I'm just glad Zavvi have decided to enter the Exclusive steelbook market, I'm very grateful because for a time it looked as if the UK may had seen its last retailer specific steelbook.

I get that people are worried about their orders arriving in mint condition but we have been down this road before with play.com and there are some positive signs that Zavvi may be more willing to accommodate our peace of mind than HMV were.

We just have to give them enough feedback to make it happen! If we are lucky there may just be a few play.com employees finding work at Zavvi in the future and that would definitely be a huge boost for all of us.

Above all else I'm just glad Zavvi have decided to enter the Exclusive steelbook market, I'm very grateful because for a time it looked as if the UK may had seen its last retailer specific steelbook.

I get that people are worried about their orders arriving in mint condition but we have been down this road before with play.com and there are some positive signs that Zavvi may be more willing to accommodate our peace of mind than HMV were.

We just have to give them enough feedback to make it happen! If we are lucky there may just be a few play.com employees finding work at Zavvi in the future and that would definitely be a huge boost for all of us.

Is it really Zavvi entering the exclusive market or is it them just picking up a future Play.com release which had already been planned? I hope it's the former and the announce more Steelbooks and also end up improving their service to the point where they emulate what Play.com have done over the last 12 months.

Is it really Zavvi entering the exclusive market or is it them just picking up a future Play.com release which had already been planned? I hope it's the former and the announce more Steelbooks and also end up improving their service to the point where they emulate what Play.com have done over the last 12 months.

Until proven wrong I'm with snooloui on this, I think they have just picked up a release previously meant for Play. The 2 month time-scale until release just seems too short.

On a different point, shouldn't this thread be renamed Zavvi/The Hut/Sendit/IWOOT - Steelbook Retailer Thread [Europe] as they are all the same company, delivering from the same warehouse.

Last edited:
Info from Nyvo added to OP. Lets hope they make progress so orders arrive safely.

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff: Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

From LV-426 on iPhone

Does anyone have discount codes that work? I've tried the ones that are on TopCashBack but they're either old or simply don't work.

I don't use Quidco though I probably should if they're paying more than double what TopCashback are paying.

Well you've got 9 hours to use the 7% offer at Quidco before it expires ;)
Quidco also takes your first £5 of cashback every year too.

Just try to get Topcashback to match it though they don't always match Quidco because it's technically not a "100% cashback model operated by a UK incorporated company"

Reactions: snooloui
Return can be slightly tedious but I would recommend overseas buyers to steer clear of buying Steelbook from thehut group due to packaging.

Good deal Vs Poor packaging - Pick your poison.

There is nothing "slightly" about it. It was one of the most tedious 3+ months of dealing with them to get refunds for damaged steelbooks they shipped in polybags. Very poor communication and customer service. I ended up not getting all of my refund (return shipping costs), but in the end I took what I could get and vowed never to deal with them and their affiliates again.

I asked on Twitter if they had any plans to improve packaging for Steelbooks, this is the reply I got:

They have a huge opportunity here and if they improve their customer service and packaging I might give them 1 more try. It will not be without hesitation though. :ugh:

Which shipping carrier does Zavvi now use? And last year Play.com also moved to an other shipping carrier, which one was that?

Because the one from Play.com doesn't give me Customfees. Since Zavvi and Play.com are based on the Channel Island, there is still a Customs hit possible.

Anyone can answer that? :)

Last edited:
Which shipping carrier does Zavvi now use? And last year Play.com also moved to an other shipping carrier, which one was that?

Because the one from Play.com doesn't give me Customfees. Since Zavvi and Play.com are based on the Channel Island, there is still a Customs hit possible.

Anyone can answer that? :)

I'm in Australia and I order from them fortnightly. Never had an issue.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

No disrespect but I don't think the OP is fair. It's basically a deterrent to all International members based on one persons post. I know a few people have similar views, however there are several members, myself included who use Zavvi regularly who can vouch for having had no issues. They've also told several members (myself, noodles, Hooltra, Nyvo) that they have big plans for changes in packaging. I think they should at least be given a chance with their steelbooks before we start "warning" people off them.

Just my 2c.

Reactions: bd251 and BURRAGUM
Just curious to those that had ordered from them what do they use bubble mailer's?

I am stoked they are offering steels I always hated play not offering international.

I am hopeful that they are willing to possibly change how they ship.