Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 581
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I have had a nightmare with orders I have received mainly from Zavvi. Most of them seem to be Disney titles, but not limited to them, as others have had the same thing. Namely the corners are not finished correctly and I have asked for replacements. Now the replacements have the same damage, so I took this as the manufacturer is not making/finishing these correctly.

Now the other thing is I have recently sent back about 14 items, and a number of them have been replaced, but they are the same. Some of these have not been replaced as yet, as they seem to forget to send them out!!! So I contacted Zavvi again with a list of the ones that have not been replaced and another list of replacements that are damaged the same.

So Zavvi's way of dealing with this is to put my account on hold, so that I could not access it (thought it was the new website and that my account had been deleted, so had to contact them through facebook). I have been messaged back and they are quite insistent that the damage is caused by the mailing company (royal mail), but the damage is under the cellophane, so I can not see this is caused by the delivery method.

Now here is the punchline to there response, they have stated that if any more orders have the same damage, then they won't be able to deliver to my address and will have to close my account!!!! How the hell can they even think of this course of action. It does seem like they are afraid of going back to the manufacturer and stating the quality is poor! Furthermore what sort of customer service is this, it is extremely poor as far as I am concerned.

Now I want to see if other's have had the same damage or if it is a delivery issue. Also am I being too fussy, are other people getting the same and just accepting it? Picture attached for reference.View attachment 110701

Thanks all.

Hi All, not been on here since I posted this, as been busy. But for now let's just say the saga continues, and once resolved the shocking truth will be aired!!!!

I have received a few damaged Steelbooks from Zavvi, but the percentage is not out of the ordinary I would suspect. Zavvi have been good about sending me replacement items at their expense. Recently I ran into a glitch where I was advised a replacement for a damaged Steelbook had been sent when it actually hadn't. This situation has been straightened out and I have to give Zavvi a pat on the back because in the process of communicating back and forth I mixed up which of the Alien series Steelbooks had been damaged in the later messages I sent them, but they caught the error and mailed the right one without saying anything. Now let's hope it arrives in one piece.

I believe in giving credit when credit is due. Thank you Zavvi.

So I received the replacement Aliens Resurrection Steelbook in fine condition. Unfortunately while sorting my Steelbooks I had the damaged Steelbook fall onto my replacement Aliens Resurrection Steelbook off the edge of a small table and rip the plastic and make a paint chip. My bad...have to be more careful in the future!

On another note my How to Train Your Dragon Steelbook just arrived with a dent in it that appears to have occurred prior to shipping. I have just written to Zavvi to get a replacement for it.

Yodel is usually by retailers for medium or large parcels that are a bit heavy. All my Zavvi orders except a boxset were delivered by RM.

But if RM are helping, then they would have more parcels than usual to deliver. This could be the cause of delayed deliveries. That's what we are getting at here. Nothing to do with WHAT Yodel deliver.

But if RM are helping, then they would have more parcels than usual to deliver. This could be the cause of delayed deliveries. That's what we are getting at here. Nothing to do with WHAT Yodel deliver.
Probably but Yodel had only suspended their collection since the past 2 days. The boxset was shipped via Yodel almost 10 days back and the ones before and after that by Royal Mail.

Some of the parcels shipped via RM this week by non-retailers have been delivered within 5 days. Based on that, I am not sure if the Yodel parcels were picked up by RM although deliveries can be delayed during this period.

Hi guys

Just received a large order (12 steelbooks) from Zavvi. This was the first time I had ordered Steelbooks.

There are 2 steelbooks that are bent quite badly. Do Zavvi offer a return policy? If so, have you ever used them and what process would I need to go through to send them back?

Cheers

Hi guys

Just received a large order (12 steelbooks) from Zavvi. This was the first time I had ordered Steelbooks.

There are 2 steelbooks that are bent quite badly. Do Zavvi offer a return policy? If so, have you ever used them and what process would I need to go through to send them back?

Cheers

Yes they do @digibooker , you're going to have to contact them via the Contact Us section under the My Account tab. Just go to Create New Message, and it's pretty straightforward from there onwards. Good luck, you should be eligible for a refund, but they usually ask for photos as well, just bear that in mind.

Yes they do @digibooker , you're going to have to contact them via the Contact Us section under the My Account tab. Just go to Create New Message, and it's pretty straightforward from there onwards. Good luck, you should be eligible for a refund, but they usually ask for photos as well, just bear that in mind.

Thanks do you have to send back the steelbook, pay for postage and then seek a replacement bluray and refund for the postage??

Thanks do you have to send back the steelbook, pay for postage and then seek a replacement bluray and refund for the postage??

You need to write them a message first, and once they accept that you're eligible for a refund they will send you an address slip which can print off, and drop off at an off license (which was what happened to me, I'm not sure where they'll ask yours to be dropped off). Once they receive your damaged copy, I'm assuming they will contact you and let you know the item has been received and that they will return your money (I never got around to returning my damaged item so I don't know how this part fares). Good luck, but I'd assume you'd have to wait a long time, cause it's Christmas time. Plus, be wary that quite a lot of things get misplaced by Royal Mail, just bear that in mind. Might be a bit risky to send the items back at this time, if you can arrange with Zavvi to send the stuff back after The New Year, it might be less risky. Just make sure you have extra copies reserved, as the damaged items may go out of stock if you decide to go that way. Hope this helps!

Edit: postage is free

They should provide you with a CollectPlus label considering they are damaged, this will be free of charge and is a tracked return service. Thankfully this means you should be able to avoid Royal Mail (which are terrible right now).

I've got a question myself, I'd ordered Ponyo and '71 so that I could take advantage of the 10% discount on Ponyo if I ordered '71. I've received Ponyo, and as such would like to cancel my order for '71. Whenever I go to cancel it, I can't cancel '71 just by itself, I have to cancel the whole order. My question is, if I do cancel the whole order, would I have to return my copy of Ponyo as well, or not. Thanks!