Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what the tax situation is if ordering from the UK (or any other European country) after December 31st?

Reason I ask is I noticed on my last parcels, it stated they had been sent from Guernsey.

I myself, live in UK.

Last edited:
Guernsey is not part of the UK but dependent on the British crown so it shouldn't affect you at all.
There would be less reasons for customs then than there have been these years the UK was a part of the EU.

Surprisingly I've had no issues with receiving stuff from Zavvi lately... even the items I've seen other UK customers waiting weeks for arrived to me on time, so kind of baffling really. Although I've now probably just jinxed myself. :ohno:

Only issue i have with Zavvi, well i've been hit with customs-fee more times lately than before.
Maybe time to find releases from another retailer in Europe.

Received all my Zavvi purchases now. For anyone else who's also brought from them recently, I had to wait nearly a month for everything to arrive including deal buys arriving separately.

Anyhow, very happy.
A few of mine have been over a month now and the rest have been a varied amount of time :wow:
Just received Casper on Friday so I'm hopeful that others might turn up this week :cautious: I'll be happy if my Gremlins 4k turns up as it's now sold out, so ill be a bit pissed if that order never shows up as ill need to pay ebay prices for it then (n)
If the rest don't then ill just get refunds on them and hopefully they will still be in stock when these issues blow over :thumbs:
Surprisingly I've had no issues with receiving stuff from Zavvi lately... even the items I've seen other UK customers waiting weeks for arrived to me on time, so kind of baffling really. Although I've now probably just jinxed myself. :ohno:
HAHA Yeah be careful mate as you probably have now :rofl::whistle:

I just realized that "reddit" doesn't work as a code on Zavvi anymore since yesterday. Does anyone know if there is a replacement code or if there will be one in the near futrue? Thanks a lot and a Happy New Year to you all!

Is zavvi still shipping internationally? also, what about AmazonUK? Both site use Royal Mail, right?
Royal Mail update December 29th
Royal Mail and Parcelforce services to Europe have been reopened and are now fully operational

Expect delays though due amount of backlog of post that needs to be processed

Reactions: Funashi
I just realized that "reddit" doesn't work as a code on Zavvi anymore since yesterday. Does anyone know if there is a replacement code or if there will be one in the near futrue? Thanks a lot and a Happy New Year to you all!
I got the answer myself. The code SAVOO12 works at the moment and gives 12% on everything except preorders I believe.

first time paid zavvi order via paypal. payment status is pending at paypal side

is there any reason?

The charge will only go through once shipped out is it?

let's play a game, see if you can see the difference between these two mailings. :watch:

mailing #1 = picture disc vinyl from eBay seller, sent in a standard Defenda vinyl mailing, thick cardboard double inner overlap sleeve, marked with Fragile and a return address. arrived safely, completely flat, and no issues at all.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8788.jpg

mailing #2 =picture disc sent by zavvi, sent in an otherwise unmarked slightly under 12" square box with no return address, received at the 45 degree angle...
LGRgfHaURsytDmKch%wnYA_thumb_87ac.jpg WIWTiORmRF+%DuNPip6I6w_thumb_8790.jpg

astonishingly, it's only the plastic rather than the vinyl that has warped - the discs miraculously play fine. it was, of course, also delivered by those outstanding service people Hermes, so a knock on the door, and then back in their car and driving off before i had even got out of my seat to show i was in.

shows you that they worth every penny of that £4.5 billion IPO. :LOL: think they could have saved some money for some proper vinyl mailers? for the record, i have never received vinyl from zavvi packed in a proper vinyl sender, always in square boxes, but even then they usually bother to add some inflata-bags. pitiful. (n)

let's play a game, see if you can see the difference between these two mailings. :watch:

mailing #1 = picture disc vinyl from eBay seller, sent in a standard Defenda vinyl mailing, thick cardboard double inner overlap sleeve, marked with Fragile and a return address. arrived safely, completely flat, and no issues at all.
View attachment 498268

mailing #2 =picture disc sent by zavvi, sent in an otherwise unmarked slightly under 12" square box with no return address, received at the 45 degree angle...
View attachment 498269 View attachment 498270

astonishingly, it's only the plastic rather than the vinyl that has warped - the discs miraculously play fine. it was, of course, also delivered by those outstanding service people Hermes, so a knock on the door, and then back in their car and driving off before i had even got out of my seat to show i was in.

shows you that they worth every penny of that £4.5 billion IPO. :LOL: think they could have saved some money for some proper vinyl mailers? for the record, i have never received vinyl from zavvi packed in a proper vinyl sender, always in square boxes, but even then they usually bother to add some inflata-bags. pitiful. (n)
Wait a second... am I too old that I recall vinyl records coming in an paper square-envelope with prints on it, and inside a "plastic" sleeve for the disc itself?
This one seems to have no outside squared-paper-envelope, or I don't see well in your pictures?

Also, regarding Zavvi and their "amazing" services, I've lived to see this too (what you shown above), otherwise, I saw plenty crap from them. Pity about some of the items they have for sale... I think without those they would had been gone(extincted) long time ago.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
eBayers are 20x times better in packing vs Zavvi. One of the reasons is that they want to build a trusted store and another one is that even if you as seller pack it right still some f.cker can press claim on it and get money back without fight even when seller has enough of proofs that he did everything right.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Wait a second... am I too old that I recall vinyl records coming in an paper square-envelope with prints on it, and inside a "plastic" sleeve for the disc itself?
This one seems to have no outside squared-paper-envelope, or I don't see well in your pictures?

Also, regarding Zavvi and their "amazing" services, I've lived to see this too (what you shown above), otherwise, I saw plenty crap from them. Pity about some of the items they have for sale... I think without those they would had been gone(extincted) long time ago.
the Star Wars release is similar for many picture discs, a thickened clear plastic double sleeve so you can see the disc artwork, no extra sleeves. :thumbs: that's not that unusual for a picture disc, but mailing it at an angle in an unpadded larger box is! :LOL:

Last edited: