Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, just as I think they've finally started to make improvements with their CS, they go and mess me about again! Had a charge for £100 on an order I cancelled, so I reached out to them through their site with no response whatsoever. Also went down the route of contacting them through social media and did eventually get a reply that way, but they're taking so damn long to respond each time that I keep having to reconfirm all my details and go over the same convo with a different person. It's been 3 weeks since they took my cash now, and I don't seem to be any closer to getting it back. Will give them another week then move on to contacting my bank. They can be such a bloody nightmare when they want to be :banghead:

• Wow
Reactions: Felix_ro
Ugh, just as I think they've finally started to make improvements with their CS, they go and mess me about again! Had a charge for £100 on an order I cancelled, so I reached out to them through their site with no response whatsoever. Also went down the route of contacting them through social media and did eventually get a reply that way, but they're taking so damn long to respond each time that I keep having to reconfirm all my details and go over the same convo with a different person. It's been 3 weeks since they took my cash now, and I don't seem to be any closer to getting it back. Will give them another week then move on to contacting my bank. They can be such a bloody nightmare when they want to be :banghead:
They seem to have been having a nightmare this week, seen loads of people posting about having received 2 sets of hobbit steel books and then a load of others saying that they received one but it’s damaged, even when they do their job right it’s still somehow wrong!

They seem to have been having a nightmare this week, seen loads of people posting about having received 2 sets of hobbit steel books and then a load of others saying that they received one but it’s damaged, even when they do their job right it’s still somehow wrong!
They do always seem to be inundated with customer complaints on Twitter and they're clearly struggling to keep up with them all, so I do sympathise with their staff to some extent. You'd think the bosses would've realised this by now though and therefore made improvements, but nope! I did spot a particular complaint on Twitter yesterday from someone moaning they'd actually packed their item TOO well :rofl:

I wouldn't go through all that, just call your CC company and decline the charge they made. Simple Simples

I wouldn't go through all that, just call your CC company and decline the charge they made. Simple Simples
Money was already taken weeks ago though and I hate dealing with the bank just as much as I hate dealing with Zavvi lol. Will obviously have no choice if they don't refund me soon!

Example of IOSS info on Zavvi parcels

Vat amount paid also listed on Customs Cn23 label

Dune Deluxe Edition

View attachment 515936
Hey Paul, thanks for this.
Yet, I don't really understood it... where is stated that Zavvi has paid the taxes?

Here in Romania EVERY SINGLE package that have the yellow label (from the bottom right of your picture), it is automatically routed through customs, and there, we, the customers MUST PAY the taxes: VAT and import fee + a fixed customs processing fee.
Which, in the example from your picture, I would had to pay at least another 19% to the 45.32 GBP, after they convert it to RON.
And that would mean A LOT (+ 20 percent, right?)

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yet, I don't really understood it... where is stated that Zavvi has paid the taxes?

Here in Romania EVERY SINGLE package that have the yellow label (from the bottom right of your picture), it is automatically routed through customs, and there, we, the customers MUST PAY the taxes: VAT and import fee + a fixed customs processing fee.
Which, in the example from your picture, I would had to pay at least another 19% to the 45.32 GBP, after they convert it to RON.
Buy you've already paid the Vat according to the label (€7.55)

When IOSS label is on the parcel customs label that means Vat is paid when value of goods is £135/€150 or less
The IOSS pass on this vat payment to revenue in EU countries

The revenue in your country get Vat payment sent electronically this is done on a monthly basis
So for example a purchase done tomorrow 1st September it could be October when they receive that Vat payment

Customs Postal Carrier/Courier in your country if based in EU should not be looking for Vat payment from you when a parcel has IOSS Label on it as Vat has been paid already

It's your country customs not understanding how IOSS works that is the issue

• Thanks
Reactions: Tompa and Felix_ro
Buy you've already paid the Vat according to the label (€7.55)
Yeah, that would be the "normality" and the obvious thing, but trust me, here in Romania, it is exactly as I described it above, and we'll have to pay additionally. Also, I don't really know the amount in percentage that it is charged for import fee, apart to the VAT.

When IOSS label is on the parcel customs label that means Vat is paid when value of goods is €150 or less
The IOSS pass on this vat payment to revenue in EU counties

The revenue in your country get Vat payment sent electronically this is done on a monthly basis
So for example a purchase done tomorrow 1st September it could be October when they receive that Vat payment

Customs Postal Carrier/Courier in your country if based in EU should not be looking for Vat payment from you when a parcel has IOSS Label on it as Vat has been paid already

It's your country customs not understanding how IOSS works that is the issue
Thanks Paul, I also think so about the customs here in Romania, they interpret and do as they want.
Next time I'll receive something from Zavvi (I think I will just place an order just for checking this), I will look for that IOSS label.
As a bit of a curiosity, it shows on your label the mention "Country of origin - CZK", that means Czech Republic? How come?!?

Also, I'll exemplify with an example of a package that I've received relatively recently (last month, July) in the picture below.
So the total price on the label is 20 USD, and the customs made me pay, as you can see on the small label, 30 + 8 Lei, so 38 Lei.
An USD is about 4.1 - 4.2 Lei, this means the 38 Lei makes about 9 USD.
Now, the 20 USD makes 84 Lei (obviously), and 19% of this would be 15,96 Lei, NOT 30 Lei as it is on the label under TVA(which is VAT). So..... "customs" right?
IMG_3154.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, I also think so about the customs here in Romania, they interpret and do as they want.
Next time I'll receive something from Zavvi (I think I will just place an order just for checking this), I will look for that IOSS label.
As a bit of a curiosity, it shows on your label the mention "Country of origin - CZK", that means Czech Republic? How come?!?

Also, I'll exemplify with an example of a package that I've received relatively recently (last month, July) in the picture below.
So the total price on the label is 20 USD, and the customs made me pay, as you can see on the small label, 30 + 8 Lei, so 38 Lei.
An USD is about 4.1 - 4.2 Lei, this means the 38 Lei makes about 9 USD.
Now, the 20 USD makes 84 Lei (obviously), and 19% of this would be 15,96 Lei, NOT 30 Lei as it is on the label under TVA(which is VAT). So..... "customs" right?
View attachment 515939
If customs request payment from you and you paid contact Zavvi and provide a copy of custom invoice and Zavvi will refund you

Does any of your recent parcels from Zavvi have IOSS Label on the parcel this would be for items shipped after July 1st 2021 not for items before that date

The whole purpose of IOSS is vat is paid when value of goods is £135/€150 or less and customs clearance be instant

IOSS Info for people in Ireland but the same applies to other EU countries
Import One Stop Shop (IOSS)

• Thanks
VAT is now being charged on WOW.HD too @paulboland :(
I know as per EU requirment from July 1st
It only applies to order with a value of €150 or less that vat will be added at checkout

If value a single item is over €150 vat is not added at checkout and you could be hit for vat payment from customs in Ireland

If you have multiple items in cart and is goes over €150 you will get message reduce order quantity so it be €150 or less with vat incluced

• Helpful Post
If customs request payment from you and you paid contact Zavvi and provide a copy of custom invoice and Zavvi will refund you

Does any of your recent parcels from Zavvi have IOSS Label on the parcel this would be for items shipped after July 1st 2021 not for items before that date

The whole purpose of IOSS is vat is paid when value of goods is £135/€150 or less and customs clearance be instant

IOSS Info for people in Ireland but the same applies to other EU countries
Import One Stop Shop (IOSS)
Thanks a lot Paul for all your information shared with us, really appreciated!

I've had to pay taxes for packages that came from Zavvi many times before 01 July 2021, but Zavvi never agreed to pay back those fees (and I've stopped asked them, can't "talk" with parrots that all can say is "we can't do that" and "sorry")
Your picture helped me to see that IOSS label for the first time.
I did not received any packages ordered after 01 July 2021 from Zavvi, because I simply stopped ordering from them, because I wanted to spare myself of going to the whole tedious process (have to go early in the morning before work, or take vacation day to meet the extremely short "open-hours" of customs), and to save myself of paying extra for customs taxes, after I pay much more than anyone else that purchase from Zavvi (the shipping cost alone is baffling).

But, as I said, I think I will do another (maybe last) try with some items ordered from them and then see how all will come up, and will let you all know here. (although I frankly I expect to NOT receive such IOSS label, and to be required to endure the lines of people in the morning and the extra cost at customs, for every single item in my order, being two [2] or twentyfive [25])

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
There are two type of shipments coming from ZAVVI. One is like Paul shown on his picture and that one will be delivered with no fees to you. Usually you can recognise these by getting shipped info with TRACKING. Rest is shipped as usual and no VAT paid and in that case you will pay to your customs all the fees but COPY that invoice and contact Zavvi via chat or msg and they will refund you what youve paid. Works in Croatia without a problem.

PS: yes sometimes customs are no so interested what is on the package and they see GBP and Yellow sticker and charge you automatically even you paid taxes and company is IOSS registered. In that case contact Zavvi again and ask for a refund.

There are two type of shipments coming from ZAVVI. One is like Paul shown on his picture and that one will be delivered with no fees to you. Usually you can recognise these by getting shipped info with TRACKING. Rest is shipped as usual and no VAT paid and in that case you will pay to your customs all the fees but COPY that invoice and contact Zavvi via chat or msg and they will refund you what youve paid. Works in Croatia without a problem.

PS: yes sometimes customs are no so interested what is on the package and they see GBP and Yellow sticker and charge you automatically even you paid taxes and company is IOSS registered. In that case contact Zavvi again and ask for a refund.
Photo I posted is customs label was a item shipped from Zavvi Guernsey warehouse not tracked and shipped from outside UK/EU

Tracked shipping is items sent from Hut warehouse in Warrington based in UK

Vat is paid if delivery address is in EU
Tracked shipping zavvi pay the vat themselves to the courier

IOSS is used for items sent from Guernsey or for non tracked items shipped from UK

Since July 1st in regards to Zavvi Price at checkout includes EU vat if delivery address is in EU even though you don't see vat listed at checkout

In regards to items shipped using IOSS customs or postal carrier in any EU country should not be asking customers pay vat as its already been paid when placing an order.
If value of goods ordered is £135/€150 or less

As previously explained that vat payment is done electronically on a monthly basis to revenue in EU country parcel was delivered

It's customs in some countries not fully understanding the new IOSS system even though all EU countries revenue and customs and postal carriers/couriers this was explained months inadvance of July 1st 2021 when it became active.

All this applies to items shipped after July 1st 2021 not for items delivered before July 1st

Last edited:
The problem with those IOSS logo packages is that they show only full amount with no VAT stated so customs just ignores IOSS logo or they dont look for it as it is super small while YELLOW sticker is super visible. I got JAWS and few others today in such cardboard steelbook mailers and they all got charged. Zavvi needs to change the declaration so VAT is clearly visible. When shipment is tracked, no issues.

The problem with those IOSS logo packages is that they show only full amount with no VAT stated so customs just ignores IOSS logo or they dont look for it as it is super small while YELLOW sticker is super visible. I got JAWS and few others today in such cardboard steelbook mailers and they all got charged. Zavvi needs to change the declaration so VAT is clearly visible. When shipment is tracked, no issues.
Once IOSS and retailer HF Tarrif number is on parcel customs or postal carrier in a EU country should not be requesting vat payment from delivery address if value of order is €150 or less as vat has already been paid and is goods that don't have excise duty involved

IOSS is items shipped not tracked
My Dune order was not tracked item and vat amount was listed.
It was shipped from Guernsey standard post

It's very straight forward if cn23 label list IOSS vat is already paid when customer does an order with the retailer that uses IOSS

Revenue in the EU delivery country will receive that Vat payment from IOSS on a monthly basis

Tracked shipping is not IOSS in regards to Zavvi
For tracked items Zavvi pay the courier the vat themselves these parcels won't have IOSS

IOSS means Import One Stop Shop
They collect the vat from the retailer and then on a monthly basis pass that vat payment to revenue in the EU country item was shipped to

Once a parcel has IOSS listed and value of goods is €150 or less It should get automatic customs clearance and be delivered to customers delivery address
No request for vat payment should be done with customer at delivery address as IOSS provide revenue that payment

If a retailer fails to provide IOSS the vat payments they can have their IOSS registration removed.