Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: June 9th 2015
Purchase: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18

Notes: This one is a huge deal! Something that hasn't been done in North America in many years. (fox studio in steelbook for NA)

kings.jpg

From 3D display:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Leafs17 mine was sipped yesterday will be here tomorrow... I know that @Drum18 I think his copy was shipped a day before mine...

they should manage to ship it so we receive it on release day, this would only be fair as if not like you said it is in store so available, should be same for us who ordered online, should arrive on the 9 itself.

@Leafs17 mine was sipped yesterday will be here tomorrow... I know that @Drum18 I think his copy was shipped a day before mine...

they should manage to ship it so we receive it on release day, this would only be fair as if not like you said it is in store so available, should be same for us who ordered online, should arrive on the 9 itself.
Miss Drum is home and she just confirmed that I got my boxes (surprised as it shipped yesterday). I will post pictures later tonight.

Canada Post ships pretty quickly domestically. You should get your movie in Ottawa today or tomorrow.

Remember they are probably transferring over stock from Future Shop inventory to BB inventory.

Shipped today. Boo BB and your release day shipping. Makes sense, I preordered it, so I should get it 2 days later than walking into a store and getting it.....:wtf:

I just hope this is the uncensored, I was expecting the 16+ Rating, now 13+ only ? I heard people who saw it and stated that they was a skip in the theatre release, a small joke was cut off... dunno if it is true, I guess only thing to do is play it and see... but from reading also some theatre releases was censored in some places... I just don't know what to think anymore...I would hate to watch it for the first time and have those parts not included in, apparently they are necessary... The US has it as Rater ''R'', so only 13+ for Canada :cautious:

I just hope this is the uncensored, I was expecting the 16+ Rating, now 13+ only ? I heard people who saw it and stated that they was a skip in the theatre release, a small joke was cut off... dunno if it is true, I guess only thing to do is play it and see... but from reading also some theatre releases was censored in some places... I just don't know what to think anymore...I would hate to watch it for the first time and have those parts not included in, apparently they are necessary... The US has it as Rater ''R'', so only 13+ for Canada :cautious:

This is all sooooooooo confusing :cry::cry:
ice-t-confused.gif

Reactions: Bagman99

Canada is one of the most lenient countries when it comes to rating movies. (R in the USA) (14A or 13+ here in Canada)

Read all about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_motion_picture_rating_system

In certain provinces in Canada, the rating system has come under criticism as being too lenient. For example, in British Columbia, the film Scary Movie was given an 18A rating, but was re-rated on appeal by the Motion Picture and Liquor Appeal Board to a 14A. This resulted in a record number of complaints to the British Columbia Film Classification Office from parents who felt the film should have been rated 18A. Many parents wrote letters to their local newspaper warning others that the film may be inappropriate for their fourteen-year-olds. Theatre owners complained about the inappropriate rating as well. In British Columbia and Ontario, the Restricted rating is used almost exclusively for films which contain explicit sex. For this reason, with the adoption of the current rating system, many theatres refuse to book R rated films.

This is all sooooooooo confusing :cry::cry:

tell me about it mate :arghh:

but If I decide to open my copy I'll take the plunge and will look to see if it is unrated,
or order the amazon.com Amaray this one is rated R so for sure not Censored...

what is confusing even more, is that the time we see on the back is ''Approx'' run time
..so it could be 128:34(Censored) or 129:25 (Uncensored) = Approx run time 129 min for both version

so you can't go by what you see you have to watch the freakin' copy to know if hasn't been confirmed by anyone yet

but Pretty sure since Fox has released in Mexico the Uncensored version, the BB.ca should be uncensored,
especially In Canada and US should be safe. But we'll see :banghead:

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Canada is one of the most lenient countries when it comes to rating movies. (R in the USA) (14A or 13+ here in Canada)

Read all about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_motion_picture_rating_system

In certain provinces in Canada, the rating system has come under criticism as being too lenient. For example, in British Columbia, the film Scary Movie was given an 18A rating, but was re-rated on appeal by the Motion Picture and Liquor Appeal Board to a 14A. This resulted in a record number of complaints to the British Columbia Film Classification Office from parents who felt the film should have been rated 18A. Many parents wrote letters to their local newspaper warning others that the film may be inappropriate for their fourteen-year-olds. Theatre owners complained about the inappropriate rating as well. In British Columbia and Ontario, the Restricted rating is used almost exclusively for films which contain explicit sex. For this reason, with the adoption of the current rating system, many theatres refuse to book R rated films.

Thanks @Philacup yesterday read both wiki pages for canada rating system and Quebec Rating System(totally different from rest of Canada you're right)

But I think you're right I always wasn't worrysome when purchasing US rated R or Canada 16+, but 13+ for this type of movie from what i heard I was expecting more, it took me by surprise...but it does say beside the 13+ Extreme violence Vulgar Language so it gives hopes.

Thanks @Philacup yesterday read both wiki pages for canada rating system and Quebec Rating System(totally different from rest of Canada you're right)

But I think you're right I always wasn't worrysome when purchasing US rated R or Canada 16+, but 13+ for this type of movie from what i heard I was expecting more, it took me by surprise...but it does say beside the 13+ Extreme violence Vulgar Language so it gives hopes.

I know the movie was quite violent, but if it has sex scenes or quite a bit of gore it's then rated 18A haha. Definitely uncensored for sure no need to worry now haha. I'm working on a film myself and actually have no idea what it will be rated, but I'm assuming 18A because of the vulgarity and blood.

I know the movie was quite violent, but if it has sex scenes or quite a bit of gore it's then rated 18A haha. Definitely uncensored for sure no need to worry now haha. I'm working on a film myself and actually have no idea what it will be rated, but I'm assuming 18A because of the vulgarity and blood.

I'll take your word for it than :) hope your film is going to work out nicely and creatively ;)