Léon: The Professional (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 57) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 3, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on March 3 at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Scratch Resistant Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Full Slip: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing, Foil.
Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

LEON_OC_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_FS_V2_2000x.jpgLEON_LS_V2_5000x.jpgLEON_DLS_V2_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Because I only need one "perfect" edition instead of 10 different mediocre ones with different flaws. And Manta could have done that. I dont know why I should want new art just for the sake of having new art, when its just bad art.
Weet e.g. uses sometimes the same Steelbook art Blufans used before because they think its the best. They change some other parts like the Slipart and boom you have a superior edition
You can change everything ofc too, if you do it better than previous releases, but literally NOTHING on this release screams must have

which was also a fail Steelbookwise imo
Eh, yeah I'd rather a perfect edition too, but in reality it doesn't happen often. I'm not buying any premium I consider to have "bad" art, but I don't think this has bad art lol it isn't perfection, and I prefer the kimchi, but it's still great. Same as with "Her".

Manta don't tend to do that, replicate a previous release like WeET did, which tbh was more likely down to disney than anything. They'd want to do something different, give collectors variety over what's been issued before. An actual WEA.

We're probably not gonna agree on this one :rofl:

Eh, yeah I'd rather a perfect edition too, but in reality it doesn't happen often.
True, thats why I sometimes combine some. In this case I probably combine the Kimchi Steel with the FS eg. Still, I hoped for something better here
I'm not buying any premium I consider to have "bad" art, but I don't think this has bad art lol it isn't perfection, and I prefer the kimchi, but it's still great. Same as with "Her".

Manta don't tend to do that, replicate a previous release like WeET did, which tbh was more likely down to disney than anything. They'd want to do something different, give collectors variety over what's been issued before. An actual WEA.

We're probably not gonna agree on this one :rofl:
Thats okay with me :D we are all entitled to our own opinions, just wanted to answer your questions

True, thats why I sometimes combine some. In this case I probably combine the Kimchi Steel with the FS eg. Still, I hoped for something better here
Yeah in all fairness I do that too sometimes, mix and match. I just don't like replication if I'm keeping both editons, which is why I'm glad it's different. If this steel is underwhelming in hand, I may consider popping the kimchi steel in the DL and selling off the residual too.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Oh god I’m so disappointed. No wonder they are banging these out so quickly. It’s as if they’ve given up judging by the last few releases and artwork choices

The full slip is horrendous. The fact they’ve chose that image to continue over the spine and on to the back has blown my mind. The image is ruined. Because it’s just that small part holding the gun taken up by a spine. That decision has infuriated me

Mathilda being on the front of the steel alone don’t bother me I just don’t like what they chose. There’s so many more iconic images of her.

The SL & DL are the best of a bad bunch with the DL probably winning but I’ve been so disappointed with their lentis again recently that it’s like slinging a dead horse to me.

Maybe stuff will grow on me but first thoughts is disappointment and nothing on the kimchi release. Like no where near

Yeah, they lost the run of themselves here. This film was LEON. Or Leon: The Professional. Or even The Professional in some countries.

Not the bleeding 'Mathilda Show'! :rolleyes:

Its shocking he's reduced to a wide shot shot on the back of the steelbook and not even on the Oc box.

Clearly you're fixated on Kimchi's release and i don't blame you.
It's title of the movie, NOT character. So Manta did nothing wrong. But consdering it's main character, ppl expected to be on the cover and not back.
In the end at least they're producing steady flow of their quality releases unlike other companies.

My ideal version would be the art of the double lenti as the art for the steel, then have the art of the single lenti as the art for the full slip.
Bang on this. DL front and back for the steel and the SL for the FS.

I would of been a very happy bunny

Or if they wanted to focus on Mathilda being the main art of the steel at least swap It with the booklet art. Would of loved that booklet art on a steel

As usual Manta tried something different and... it's not for everyone's taste I guess. I'm not amazed either tbh...
Love FS front artwork but I don't like the fact that it's all over the entire slip (back is a bit poor this way). But I see what they tried to do.
LS impressed me the most at first, because of its uniqueness, but it bored me pretty fast.
DL is my favourite 'cause it's pretty solid.
Again, I love the fact that Manta always tried to offer something different, even though this not what most collectors aim for maybe ;)
My 0.02.

I like the artwork. I'll get either the full slip or the double lenticular. Leaning towards the full slip edition. I already have the ultra rare Kimchi editon but it wasn't a 4K release so this will be nice to go alongside it.

Reactions: djjez83