Reservoir Dogs (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 61) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 31, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on May 31, at 8 PM Hong Kong time)
Price: $163.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti & DL)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab x Karl Fitzgerald features "Full Glossy" Finish with debossed title.
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Retro Poster Style,Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker.

Reservoir_overall_box_LS_DLS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_FS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_LS_1200x.jpgReservoir_slips_DLS_1200x.jpg

Last edited:
Really surprised the FS is still available

Sign of collectors getting bored? Not so much love for the film? Bad artwork? All of the above?
FS weakest artwork. Dune 2, TDK, Fury Road will all be massacres, so this hobby is still very much alive. I think for this release of reservoir dogs, not a lot of people were impressed with the artwork + a bunch of people already own novamedia.

Reactions: Mararagan

Sign of collectors getting bored? Not so much love for the film? Bad artwork? All of the above?
I think it’s a mix of bad art and the fact manta have become too release heavy churning stuff out like a machine. It’s like they have to have a pre order every 3 weeks instead of more spread out with breathable gaps and a bit more heart put into their releases

FS weakest artwork. Dune 2, TDK, Fury Road will all be massacres, so this hobby is still very much alive. I think for this release of reservoir dogs, not a lot of people were impressed with the artwork + a bunch of people already own novamedia.
He didn’t say the hobby isn’t alive. But manta are kinda ruining it for themselves with their release schedule. It’s obvious

Yeah certain films will always sell well. Especially if it don’t have a premium. But Reservoir dogs is a huge film. It’s QT. The 4K transfer is unreal.
I think it’s the lack of heart put into this release except the steel and even that’s divided some fans. I think once you start making the OC art the key art which Manta have been doing for a long time it also starts to annoy people. Releases are every 3-4 weeks. People can’t afford that all the time so they pick and choose releases. And they want the best version and a lot of the time the best art is on a OC box when it should be on a slip. And if people are happy with their nova they won’t touch the manta.

They don’t seem to like feedback though so maybe they will learn the hard way. Look what happened to film arena

The artwork has certainly split opinion. I like the steel but, stylistically, it doesn't really match the film. I think there is something to like about all the slips but none really knock it out of the park. So the artwork is definitely a meh overall.

I also think there is a bit of fatigue (too many releases) but, more importantly, this is the first GB since KOSM-gate and with less GBs (in.c Aniv), there will simply more to go round.

I was never going to miss out though. I am still anticipating Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill and need all the QT ones...

Reactions: Flloydo
No news on Kill Bill. But manta is planning on doing both Mad Max Fury Road & Furiosa
Money saved for me, then. I think I’m the only person who hates everything Mad Max. I haven’t even bothered seeing Furiosa (along with everyone else, it would seem).

Reactions: Nova

I'll propose a 'controversial' angle, that most current and new 'collectors' are morons, that don't open their editions, and that are mostly excited about and collect dumb 'superhero crap', and haven't even watched Reservoir Dogs, or didn't even like it, if they did see it. They're also 'followers' of whatever they see others say is 'cool', to explain a faster sellout of American Psycho, but probably haven't ever seen that one either.
Angry Tom And Jerry GIF by Max

I'll propose a 'controversial' angle, that most current and new 'collectors' are morons, that don't open their editions, and that are mostly excited about and collect dumb 'superhero crap', and haven't even watched Reservoir Dogs, or didn't even like it, if they did see it. They're also 'followers' of whatever they see others say is 'cool', to explain a faster sellout of American Psycho, but probably haven't ever seen that one either.
Completely wrong angle. Your on about things like stupid film Twitter and Reddit sub forums. Collectors and steelbook collectors aren’t like that, their cinephiles and movie geeks. And tbh although I think it’s bonkers, the sealed collectors tend to buy a standard edition on top to open and watch. American psycho sell out and things like that due to scalpers and fans mashed together causing a frenzy and bloodbaths not because of young or new movie goers

Reactions: TheWildEye
I’ll propose a 'controversial' angle, that most current and new 'collectors' are morons, that don't open their editions, and that are mostly excited about and collect dumb 'superhero crap', and haven't even watched Reservoir Dogs, or didn't even like it, if they did see it. They're also 'followers' of whatever they see others say is 'cool', to explain a faster sellout of American Psycho, but probably haven't ever seen that one either.

Reaction GIF

meanwhile at manta lab...

employee 1: guys, the rd pre-order started yesterday and it's still available
employee 2: screams and jump out of the window.
employee 3: what can we do?
employee 4: let's do kill bill 1 & 2 next
boss: no, are you stupid... look at the rd pre-order.... our customers dont want more qt movies. sry, but we have to close our company forever

meanwhile at manta lab...

employee 1: guys, the rd pre-order started yesterday and it's still available
employee 2: screams and jump out of the window.
employee 3: what can we do?
employee 4: let's do kill bill 1 & 2 next
boss: no, are you stupid... look at the rd pre-order.... our customers dont want more qt movies. sry, but we have to close our company forever
That's all correct, only they're just going to do all the Spider-Man and Batman movies now for a while...