The Flash (2023) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 60) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 27, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on August 18, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticular, Spot Emboss, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte.
Double Lenti: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D Lenticuar (Front), 3D+Flip Lenticular (Back), Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Flash_overall_OC_3_5000x.jpgFlash_overall_FS_3_5000x.jpgFlash_overall_LS_3_5000x.jpgFlash_overall_DLS_3_5000x.jpg

Last edited:
Love the steel, and the front of the slips are really nice too (the backs could be better). Weird to see how divided people are for a change... personally I'm team FS, although I'd also really like a lenti for this film. Hmm decisions!

Reactions: Flloydo
How do they decide on which stills to use for the postcards? There are so many better options than some of the ones they went with.
I’ve always found this with Manta. Constantly mentioning it too. They always pick the worst stills for the art cards. Really winds me up lol. Especially with action films. The never include action scenes on theirs. It’s odd

I’ve always found this with Manta. Constantly mentioning it too. They always pick the worst stills for the art cards. Really winds me up lol. Especially with action films. The never include action scenes on theirs. It’s odd
Honestly, I barely ever pay attention to them in the beauty shots and only give them a quick flick through once in hand. But, yeah... some really random/poor choices in there.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
Definitely in for this. Wanna place this Michael keaton return next to the cinemuseum Michael keaton boxset if it ever comes out :rofl: DL i like the most

There probably will, but the title was literally only announced a few hours ago lol give the guy a chance :rofl:
I was quite afar from this and other similar websites lately, dealing with more „human things”, like a friend's death, unfortunately, and did not catch on that being just announced; thanks though! :thumbs:

I don't know whether to stick with the standard UK 4K release or go for one of these. I haven't seen the movie but I'm thinking I should like it. What did you think of it in here?

I was quite afar from this and other similar websites lately, dealing with more „human things”, like a friend's death, unfortunately, and did not catch on that being just announced; thanks though! :thumbs:
Ah, that's fair enough. My commiserations. The beauty shots were only released about 3hrs ago, so no GB quite yet. He may be back now, but aniv's been out in the wilderness recently, so don't know how quick he'll be posting a GB for this.

Reactions: Aniv and Felix_ro
I've not seen the film yet, but looking at the rear artwork of the SL again they all look CGI.

Is this normal for the film or is it just a really bad image they used?

Its put me off it and I'm now leaning towards a DL.....

I've not seen the film yet, but looking at the rear artwork of the SL again they all look CGI.

There's a lot if bad CGI in it, a lot. Scenes with two Flashes look somehow worse, than simple separately filmed actor overlays from the 80's.
But, it's still the best DC movie, and the best Multiverse representation in any film yet!

The CGI is honestly terrible, but it was apparently intentionally made to look goofy - not sure whether I believe that. The movie still rocks though!

The CGI faces on the back of the SL is what put me off that particular slip tbh. I mean...

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 11.56.00.png

Odd WB have made manta put "DC" in the corner of every front image here, when they haven't for any of their other recent steel releases. I think the last would have been JL actually, so that's 5 years ago. HDZ do seem to have to do it every time though.

The CGI is honestly terrible, but it was apparently intentionally made to look goofy - not sure whether I believe that. The movie still rocks though!

The CGI faces on the back of the SL is what put me off that particular slip tbh. I mean...

View attachment 560950
Yeah, this!

This is what put me off too.

It looks like a Pixar film. Not that there's anything wrong with Pixar. But it makes it look like the film is animated....

Reactions: Noodles
I don't know whether to stick with the standard UK 4K release or go for one of these. I haven't seen the movie but I'm thinking I should like it. What did you think of it in here?
I went in with pretty low expectations.... And actually enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Word or warning though, the CGI is all over the shop. Some effects are pretty good, others are quite shocking.