Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't own the FS, but my best friend owns it, he brought it over so we could compare it to my Play IM, and we both agreed that the Play was nicer. I know we're in the minority, but neither of us saw what was so extremely special about the FS one. It's nice, yes, but I don't see how it reached grail status.

I'm interested to see what is done with DW too. I'm hoping that their hands aren't tied like they were with the original, but we shall see.

I can't really blame Marvel as their home formats are handled I would guess by Disney's marketing team and yeah I can see them being very difficult as they won't make much money off an item like that selling to a company like Blufans, certainly not much more than they already make on standard steels.

hahaha Yep we are definitely in the minority! I guess it was one of the first and it's a nice steel which became rare due to age. It's certainly not worth what some people are paying.

Time will tell whether these new versions of Thor will hold value. They may do because they are "Marvel" and limited much like the Kimchi Thor.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
They're using the Best Buy exclusive slipcover. :drool: Thor was released when I was just starting to collect blu-rays, definitely before I really started to collect slipcovers or steelbooks. I always admired the Best Buy slipcover, but never sprung the cash to buy it. Now I get it and what is hopefully a really great steelbook.

I don't get it. Looks similar to HMV. How is this a WEA? Anyway, I still love it!!!

how very imaginative to just add some random clouds to the hmv artwork and then claim its wea.. ridiculous

Agreed, a few clouds don't "really" make a WEA along with the back, although "technically" it is :hilarious:

I'll probably be skipping this if this is confirmed artwork, I'm more than happy with my DE steelie :D

World exclusive or as most people call them clouds! Lol

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Unless my eyes deceive me, the back of this steel is completely different from the back of the original steelbook. Since when is back artwork not considered part of the steelbook? The front artwork is different (albeit only slightly) and the back artwork is different. How is that not WEA then?

u3z9ed.jpg

I don't own the FS, but my best friend owns it, he brought it over so we could compare it to my Play IM, and we both agreed that the Play was nicer. I know we're in the minority, but neither of us saw what was so extremely special about the FS one. It's nice, yes, but I don't see how it reached grail status.

The "grail" thing is kind of supply and demand point of view. Happens in everything you want to collect. The hardest to find, a price to pay. You can find a lot of sealed IM Play.com but not a lot of the FS one, sealed w/stickers. IMHO.
Agree with...you're a extremely special minority. EEK!

The "grail" thing is kind of supply and demand point of view. Happens in everything you want to collect. The hardest to find, a price to pay. You can find a lot of sealed IM Play.com but not a lot of the FS one, sealed w/stickers. IMHO.
Agree with...you're a extremely special minority. EEK!

I can understand some titles being grails due to their lower print runs, but as far as I recall, IM FS didn't have a low print run compared to T2 V2.0 Black, John Rambo or Gladiator TW. If it were only a 500-1k print run then I could understand, but as it is, it just doesn't make sense. People are trying to sell opened and scratched ones for $500 and that's laughable.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread anymore and I apologize for doing so thus far. :)

Last edited:
A must for any Thor collection and the whole package will no doubt be quality from Blufans.

I was hoping for different art but understand that the studio doesn't give them many choices. Hope they make it full gloss :drool:

I'm undecided whether Blufans has improved from the original release?

Added clouds, new back artwork, slip, spine Font colouring...Is this going to be embossed?

UK HMV one for comparison

UK_Thor_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lolwut and lgans316
Just notice strange criticism blufans . blufans try push completely new artwork but Disney says old artwork or nothing so i think blufans do very well push at last new back artwork and change front (not so much ) but as far they could. So i wouldn't call this Lazy at all. from another hand nobody call Kimchi exclusives lazy with exactly same steelbook worldwide + new exclusive 4 photo cards and slip. I bet no one would call this lazy 3- 4 months ago .

Just notice strange criticism blufans . blufans try push completely new artwork but Disney says old artwork or nothing so i think blufans do very well push at last new back artwork and change front (not so much ) but as far they could. So i wouldn't call this Lazy at all. from another hand nobody call Kimchi exclusives lazy with exactly same steelbook worldwide + new exclusive 4 photo cards and slip. I bet no one would call this lazy 3- 4 months ago .

Then I would tell Disney to keep the steelbook. Not sure how it adds anything to the release to do a "two-pack" with recycled artwork.

What's next, an Iron Man 3-pack with the Future Shop front and the Play.com back? :hilarious:

I don't see how this anything but a money grab for a release that's been out for a while, and they need to differentiate their run of Thor 2, so they can call it WEA. :movie:

Sorry, no dice.

I'll stick with my Thor HMV that has Stan the Man's signature on it. :naughty:

I'm a Thor collector - would have bought this one if they made the front unique. Clouds? Come on. :hilarious:

Just notice strange criticism blufans . blufans try push completely new artwork but Disney says old artwork or nothing so i think blufans do very well push at last new back artwork and change front (not so much ) but as far they could.

Why even do a new release if the front artwork can't be significantly different than the original?

I'll be getting this anyways :D

Then I would tell Disney to keep the steelbook. Not sure how it adds anything to the release to do a "two-pack" with recycled artwork.

What's next, an Iron Man 3-pack with the Future Shop front and the Play.com back? :hilarious:

I don't see how this anything but a money grab for a release that's been out for a while, and they need to differentiate their run of Thor 2, so they can call it WEA. :movie:

Sorry, no dice.

I'll stick with my Thor HMV that has Stan the Man's signature on it. :naughty:

I'm a Thor collector - would have bought this one if they made the front unique. Clouds? Come on. :hilarious:

Totally agree. I hate it when stuff gets praise not for its own merit but where its coming from.

Reactions: IRON MAN