Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the base art is similar, but they did change it for the back and other aspects. If the studio will not go for completely different art, then that is the way the cookie crumbles. But I am not sure what ultimately led to this artwork choice-it still looks pretty good though. All we can do is chose the best cover for us, at the time when released. For new Steel fans joining the fray, hunting down an HMV version, may not be in the cards, and or, they make like this or another better...

I like the SteelBook, but the slipcover is disappointing. I already have that design from Best Buy and I was really hoping for something cool and lenticular.

Reactions: earthscope
Nice enough for me to go after since I'm new to steelbook collecting. Already have the Thor Zaavi which is a different artwork so this will work fine and since it's Blufans, it'll be very much sort after. Even if they had put only an image of a hammer, people would still buy.

I wonder how much this one will be... I think the current Thor one that has similar art goes for well over $100 right? I would like a Thor steelbook to go with the one I have for The Dark World.

personally I prefer the HMV steel - more elegant.
I'm guessing this will cost in the region of $70, you may as well get the original release if you can

That's exactly what I paid for my HMV last year. It's now open, and opening it was one of the best things I did. Looks so much better now. :D

I was extremely lucky that I picked up the phase 1 steels as they came out. I just bought them because I likes the films/Comic fan and thought they were a bit different. I had no idea about places like this or that steelbooks were collectable at that point. It's also fortunate that I am OCD about anything I buy so they are still mint, but like you I opened mine and watched the films lol. I still open all my steels as I don't intend selling them. :D

I was extremely lucky that I picked up the phase 1 steels as they came out. I just bought them because I likes the films/Comic fan and thought they were a bit different. I had no idea about places like this or that steelbooks were collectable at that point. It's also fortunate that I am OCD about anything I buy so they are still mint, but like you I opened mine and watched the films lol. I still open all my steels as I don't intend selling them. :D

I unfortunately got into the "game" late and had to pay a premium for some titles, but that's ok. You snooze, you lose right? :)

My Asian steels are still sealed but I've given serious though to opening them. Maybe I will when I have enough liquid courage in me. :hilarious:

Reactions: psychoscot
I unfortunately got into the "game" late and had to pay a premium for some titles, but that's ok. You snooze, you lose right? :)

My Asian steels are still sealed but I've given serious though to opening them. Maybe I will when I have enough liquid courage in me. :hilarious:

Haha I had that problem when Leon arrived, do I or don't I lol. I've opened the seal on the outer shrink just to have a look at the steel but haven't taken the shrink off that yet as it's not long since I watched the standard amaray so I'm in no hurry.

Yeah I came to actually collecting properly only midway through last year and have had to pay quite a bit more than retail on some steels from outside the UK. I'm still playing catch up on some that I want but I'm in no hurry. I'll continue to play the eBay bidding game as it has served me well so far and I haven't paid out huge sums just yet on any title.

As for this, it's gutting that there will be no GB but sh*t happens. I'm hoping the site will be live beforehand and that they are ready for the volume of traffic they are going to get. On the plus side the fact that the art isn't vastly different from the original may put some off, so it might not be too bad ordering. The joint pack with both Thors will be the killer at only 500 copies. I can see that going for silly money on eBay.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Haha I had that problem when Leon arrived, do I or don't I lol. I've opened the seal on the outer shrink just to have a look at the steel but haven't taken the shrink off that yet as it's not long since I watched the standard amaray so I'm in no hurry.

Yeah I came to actually collecting properly only midway through last year and have had to pay quite a bit more than retail on some steels from outside the UK. I'm still playing catch up on some that I want but I'm in no hurry. I'll continue to play the eBay bidding game as it has served me well so far and I haven't paid out huge sums just yet on any title.

As for this, it's gutting that there will be no GB but sh*t happens. I'm hoping the site will be live beforehand and that they are ready for the volume of traffic they are going to get. On the plus side the fact that the art isn't vastly different from the original may put some off, so it might not be too bad ordering. The joint pack with both Thors will be the killer at only 500 copies. I can see that going for silly money on eBay.

I think I'm going to start opening my full slips and still leave my 1/4 slips sealed. One thing that's kept me from opening my BF is the sticker on the wrap. It may be stupid, but I think the stickers are cool. :)

I've played the eBay game too and I bid on occasion, but if it's something I really want and it's not overly ridiculous then I'll BIN. I'll never own Gladiator TW, T2 Premium V2.0, etc because I refuse to pay that kind of money for a steel.

I too hope their site is much better than Kimchi's at handling an onslaught of people at once. If not, then it could end up being a frustratingly time consuming battle for nothing. I agree about the possibility of the chosen art putting some off as well as the possible value of the double pack being valuable. Let's get ready to rumble!! Lol

I think I'm going to start opening my full slips and still leave my 1/4 slips sealed. One thing that's kept me from opening my BF is the sticker on the wrap. It may be stupid, but I think the stickers are cool. :)

I've played the eBay game too and I bid on occasion, but if it's something I really want and it's not overly ridiculous then I'll BIN. I'll never own Gladiator TW, T2 Premium V2.0, etc because I refuse to pay that kind of money for a steel.

I too hope their site is much better than Kimchi's at handling an onslaught of people at once. If not, then it could end up being a frustratingly time consuming battle for nothing. I agree about the possibility of the chosen art putting some off as well as the possible value of the double pack being valuable. Let's get ready to rumble!! Lol

I'm pretty much the same. I did own the Iron Man future shop and I paid nothing for it, it was a gift from my cousin in Canada who sent it to me at the time. I sold that last year unsealed but mint to help pay for some holiday spending money. I still haven't told my cousin as he may want half the money :hilarious: I still have the Play version which I know the FS fanboys will hate me but I actually prefer it. I can't wait to see what Kimchi come up with although when ordering day comes that's going to to be a serious bun fight lol.

I haven't really owned any grails other than the FS one. I have the Star Trek Play version which I know is fairy expensive but things like T2 V2 and Rambo etc I'm just not prepared to spend that kind of money on a steelbook, plus I may find a part of me cut off and pickled in a jar if my partner saw me spending that on a steelbook. She has her own little collection mainly bought by me, but if she see's it going for serious money it will go straight on eBay then blown on clothes and shoes lol.

I am interested to see what they come up with for the art on Thor Dark World, as it seems they were pretty much stuck on the first Thor and the second one has had the same art everywhere. My basic guess is a gloss version of the Best buy/FS one.

Reactions: Troll2Fan

That's exactly what I do. Open my full slips. Frozen will be my first 1/4 and I'll keep it sealed

I'm pretty much the same. I did own the Iron Man future shop and I paid nothing for it, it was a gift from my cousin in Canada who sent it to me at the time. I sold that last year unsealed but mint to help pay for some holiday spending money. I still haven't told my cousin as he may want half the money :hilarious: I still have the Play version which I know the FS fanboys will hate me but I actually prefer it. I can't wait to see what Kimchi come up with although when ordering day comes that's going to to be a serious bun fight lol.

I haven't really owned any grails other than the FS one. I have the Star Trek Play version which I know is fairy expensive but things like T2 V2 and Rambo etc I'm just not prepared to spend that kind of money on a steelbook, plus I may find a part of me cut off and pickled in a jar if my partner saw me spending that on a steelbook. She has her own little collection mainly bought by me, but if she see's it going for serious money it will go straight on eBay then blown on clothes and shoes lol.

I am interested to see what they come up with for the art on Thor Dark World, as it seems they were pretty much stuck on the first Thor and the second one has had the same art everywhere. My basic guess is a gloss version of the Best buy/FS one.

I don't own the FS, but my best friend owns it, he brought it over so we could compare it to my Play IM, and we both agreed that the Play was nicer. I know we're in the minority, but neither of us saw what was so extremely special about the FS one. It's nice, yes, but I don't see how it reached grail status.

I'm interested to see what is done with DW too. I'm hoping that their hands aren't tied like they were with the original, but we shall see.