Wreck-It Ralph (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #4)[UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 20th, 2014
Purchase link: Wreck-It Ralph
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 4000 units, matte finish, debossed border, embossed title, back cover and inside artwork, 1-disc edition

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10842987-1376567345-598984.jpg

10842987-1376567345-598966.jpg

10842987-1378296993-431385.jpg

10842987-1378296993-431411.jpg
Actual pics thanks to catcc003:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm one who has orderd/cancelled again and again on this one and honestly after seeing the pics, I think it looks nice. I kinda wish I had kept it. I'm sure I would have felt the opposite if I actually had kept it :emb: anyway, I think over time this one will still be desired. The matte black doesn't look as washed out as I was expecting.

It's certainly matte but it has quite a sheen to it. The back is also lovely. If you don't own the blufans, you should certainly think about picking this up imo

That's a bit harsh. They did go out of business, their website is the only way they can still cash-in.

Granted charging £20 for a matte finish 1-disc (3D less) steel is taking the mick. They should at least throw in a lenticular cover :naughty:

I haven't been collecting for very long, and all I can say is that Zavvi have us at bane. They now realise they can charge stupendous prices for a metal case and still have us buy it. That's where the problem lies. I'm sure most of us here can contend that is true.

Charging those sort of prices, exclusive or not, is making my money rarer than the actual steelbook itself :hilarious:
zavvi are improving all the time. all the pixar films upcoming now have 3D and only 1 quid extra. they are constantly improving and helping this community,they are learning from there mistakes.

Reactions: acidbrn
I'm one who has orderd/cancelled again and again on this one and honestly after seeing the pics, I think it looks nice. I kinda wish I had kept it. I'm sure I would have felt the opposite if I actually had kept it :emb: anyway, I think over time this one will still be desired. The matte black doesn't look as washed out as I was expecting.
Will send you mine at cost if you (or anyone's) interested.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

That's a bit harsh. They did go out of business, their website is the only way they can still cash-in.

Granted charging £20 for a matte finish 1-disc (3D less) steel is taking the mick. They should at least throw in a lenticular cover :naughty:

I haven't been collecting for very long, and all I can say is that Zavvi have us at bane. They now realise they can charge stupendous prices for a metal case and still have us buy it. That's where the problem lies. I'm sure most of us here can contend that is true.

Charging those sort of prices, exclusive or not, is making my money rarer than the actual steelbook itself :hilarious:

Which is exactly why I'm voting with my wallet, others who open their steels and appreciate quality and not getting ripped off should do the same.

zavvi are improving all the time. all the pixar films upcoming now have 3D and only 1 quid extra. they are constantly improving and helping this community,they are learning from there mistakes.

Maybe so, but not including the 3D with Wreck-It wasn't a great start IMO. :(

I don't even own 3D equipment, but with that price tag, that is beside the point.

Maybe so, but not including the 3D with Wreck-It wasn't a great start IMO. :(

I don't even own 3D equipment, but with that price tag, that is beside the point.
i know it sucks man it's a shame, but hey you can always modify it! if you have a steel with 2 discs slots like one what has the blu ray and one has the dvd of the movie,swap it with wreck it ralph then put the 3d in ralph there you go :thumbs:

Will send you mine at cost if you (or anyone's) interested.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Which is exactly why I'm voting with my wallet, others who open their steels and appreciate quality and not getting ripped off should do the same.

I appreciate what Zavvi have done, they've provided me with an opportunity to pick up my favorite films in my preferred choice of cases, SteelBook. Wreck it Ralph and Children of Men, and more to come! Zavvi my wallet is open!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received my two (going straight off to some friends) I have to say even though I can't see the other side it doesn't look good especially when I hold it up next to my BF edition.
£9.99 would be a more appropriate price and that is only cause it is A) A good film & B) A Disney movie
But a lack of 3D and a poor finish even £9.99 feels too high, I am glad I cancelled my other Disney Steels from Zavvi.

I don't mind matte but animated movies really deserve a rich, bright and colourful Glossy steel.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
Some of us actually open our steels :rolleyes:

Anyway, jokes on me. Had a feeling it'd be matte and my order went through. Needless to say, I've cancelled every single pre-order at Zavvi and only buying once I see the finish / in-hand pics. If it happens to sell out before hand, then I'll buy one marked up $10 off eBay- if I really need it, which I probably won't.

There's a reason Zavvi didn't state its finish. Now I hope they go out of business/stop selling steels.

lol @ hoping they go out of business

i have my wreck it ralf in front of me. im just happy to have it... finally. thought it would never be released.

its embossed and matte. i havent opened it yet, i will do though.

i havent seen the film but always wanted to, so its a great addition to my collection.

Shame about the lack of embossing on Ralph's face, seemed a no brainer.

Shame about the lack of gloss as well but that could of been expected.

Reactions: DJ IXS
I dont get all the hate for this at all...Im no fan of black steelbooks but I dont mind this, I also dont get all the hatred of matte steels, some of my favorite steelbooks have been matte. Maybe it is a 'cheap looking' steelbook for a premium price but them thats Disney isnt it? Disney titles for me are always overpriced regardless of the format or the packaging. Zavvi/Disney set the bar very high with the early releases, so that makes anything thats not up to the standards of Roger Rabbit, finding Nemo or Aladdin a disappointment. Yeah the 8 bit Ralph is crying out to be embossed, thats the biggest shame for me, along with the steady rise in price compared to the drop in 'wow factor' of the Disney exclusives.