Wreck-It Ralph (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #4)[UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 20th, 2014
Purchase link: Wreck-It Ralph
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 4000 units, matte finish, debossed border, embossed title, back cover and inside artwork, 1-disc edition

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10842987-1376567345-598984.jpg

10842987-1376567345-598966.jpg

10842987-1378296993-431385.jpg

10842987-1378296993-431411.jpg
Actual pics thanks to catcc003:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont get all the hate for this at all...Im no fan of black steelbooks but I dont mind this, I also dont get all the hatred of matte steels, some of my favorite steelbooks have been matte. Maybe it is a 'cheap looking' steelbook for a premium price but them thats Disney isnt it? Disney titles for me are always overpriced regardless of the format or the packaging. Zavvi/Disney set the bar very high with the early releases, so that makes anything thats not up to the standards of Roger Rabbit, finding Nemo or Aladdin a disappointment. Yeah the 8 bit Ralph is crying out to be embossed, thats the biggest shame for me, along with the steady rise in price compared to the drop in 'wow factor' of the Disney exclusives.

It is a shame it wasn't embossed, but when people continue buying half-assed releases for premium prices, they really have no reason to go the extra mile. Hopefully with the influx of Disney cancellations, they'll start looking for that gloss machine, but who knows, people seem pretty whipped when it comes to Disney. Even collectors are starting to settle for less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
Toy story 2 and this arrived today and pure disappointment, toy story 2 being the worst, I can live with ralph but the horrible silver colour, which is meant to be white is not for me, what a joke no 3d to start with and now no gloss and horrible colour so what is the point of the premium price am missing something here clearly.

Some of us actually open our steels :rolleyes:

Anyway, jokes on me. Had a feeling it'd be matte and my order went through. Needless to say, I've cancelled every single pre-order at Zavvi and only buying once I see the finish / in-hand pics. If it happens to sell out before hand, then I'll buy one marked up $10 off eBay- if I really need it, which I probably won't.

There's a reason Zavvi didn't state its finish. Now I hope they go out of business/stop selling steels.

I'm done as well-Zavvi, I will be voting with my wallet-which means after March unless you are producing high quality Marvel steels-I'm out...

I really don't feel this steel captures the true essence of the film. Plus the other characters don't really feature. The inside could have been utilised for that IMHO.