Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 581
Last edited by a moderator:
nice one again zavvi. back in the day I ordered 2 age of ultron steels. couple of weeks ago I cancelled another. all went fine.

today got payment problem mail. went and check order : number of ordered 2/pending 1. like I already got one ?? and price 65 € !!!! wtf.

zavvi fu.k you, once again!

Does anyone know how to change your payment card on Zavvi or even better to amend orders to use a new card?

I've had to get a new Debit card recently so my old card is no longer active.

Does anyone know how to change your payment card on Zavvi or even better to amend orders to use a new card?

I've had to get a new Debit card recently so my old card is no longer active.
You can't do it proactively. Instead you need to wait for Zavvi to attempt to charge your card. When that fails, Zavvi will send you a "Payment problem" email.

Then you can log in to your account, navigate to your order and enter the new card details.

Unfortunately you need to do this for every preorder separately...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flash and jammyone
You can't do it proactively. Instead you need to wait for Zavvi to attempt to charge your card. When that fails, Zavvi will send you a "Payment problem" email.

Then you can log in to your account, navigate to your order and enter the new card details.

Thanks for your help :thumbs:

That is absolutely a stupid way of running an online business, Zavvi can't even do the simplest things right it seems. :angry::banghead:

Reactions: Ranavalone
That is absolutely a stupid way of running an online business, Zavvi can't even do the simplest things right it seems. :angry::banghead:
Full agreement there :thumbs:

And of course there is no way that the customer (or even Zavvi CS) could change the shipping address for your preorders in case you'd happen to move before your items get shipped... :rolleyes:

Reactions: jammyone and Flash

Well I've got the payment problem email and an hour later I still can't enter the new card details :banghead:, Zavvi are useless

Edit

1 hour and 38 minutes later I could update it, Zavvi and their "wait 30 minutes" are pathetic

Last edited:
Someone approached them on their @zavvihelp address and they confirmed that the z-box steel (or at least his) will be dispatching soon and that there are still 5 days until release date .

Typical response from them then... I see people are getting all different types of replies, which probably just means they're none the wiser.. I'm hoping they have actually been dispatched, but because it was bundled with the Zbox which was obviously dispatched months ago, it's counted as the same item, therefore no separate dispatch notice for the Steelbook. I'll give it a week until after release anyway, and if it hasn't arrived, then I'll chase them up. As long as I get a refund (if it doesn't arrive), then I'm not too bothered... I'll just take my business elsewhere.

Is there anyone who bought this along side the zbox that's been sent a dispatch email yet ??

I bought it with a ZBOX, no dispatch email yet. I also wrote them yesterday, no reply either.

I got this:
Zavvi Customer Service Advisor said:
Hello Graham,

Thank you for getting in touch about your order.

I can confirm that this stock should be arriving in our warehouse on the 14-Sep-2015. The item will be despatched shortly after this date. Thank you for your patience.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Now I made mention that their system considers the order fulfilled but they of course ignore this even though they have admitted themselves their system cannot identify these dual-orders properly.

Dredd steelbook as part of a Zbox tie-in did work OK for me so you have to live in hope that someone keeps a manual file of
all these orders waiting to be fulfilled and won't have missed any of us this time round.

Reactions: Noodles
Zbox people. Stop being so god damned paranoid. It doesn't have to be dispatched till Monday so bombarding them with emails a week early wondering what the hell is going on isn't helping. Especially seeing as the people replying are akin to call centre workers regarding the limited things they are told. Just chill the **** out.

You are aware that Zaavi have missed orders which were multi-part and not been able to subsequently fulfill them? And that they admitted their systems cannot tell that these multi-part orders aren't completed? And that the company is legendary for mishaps and operating an inventory system that Noah used to catalog the animals on the ark? It's far from paranoia.

The more people "bombard" Zaavi's customer services advisors, the more likely it is that whoever has the job of manually processing these orders will not forget as he keeps getting asked about it. I'll resist the temptation to reply in kind and tell ya to butt the **** out.

Reactions: Flloydo
You are aware that Zaavi have missed orders which were multi-part and not been able to subsequently fulfill them? And that they admitted their systems cannot tell that these multi-part orders aren't completed? And that the company is legendary for mishaps and operating an inventory system that Noah used to catalog the animals on the ark? It's far from paranoia.

The more people "bombard" Zaavi's customer services advisors, the more likely it is that whoever has the job of manually processing these orders will not forget as he keeps getting asked about it. I'll resist the temptation to reply in kind and tell ya to butt the **** out.

Bang on, and I've hounded them

I've sent two messages so far and I'll keep messaging until my Avengers steel arrives. We paid for it back in May and it should have been sent out yesterday and today with all the other orders, if not first. I have no other way of getting it so they better not mess my order up. I only ordered it with the z-box as I was on a train at the time the single one went up for pre-order and knew I would have no internet!

I've never had a problem with Zavvi before so I hope this doesn't become the first one.

I got this:

Now I made mention that their system considers the order fulfilled but they of course ignore this even though they have admitted themselves their system cannot identify these dual-orders properly.

Dredd steelbook as part of a Zbox tie-in did work OK for me so you have to live in hope that someone keeps a manual file of
all these orders waiting to be fulfilled and won't have missed any of us this time round.

Yeah, I wrote a reply and got the following answer:
"
Thank you for getting in touch about Marvel Avengers: Age of Ultron Steelbook.
I can confirm that we have been advised that this item will be sent out to you within the next 48 hours.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
"

That was on 11th September. Hopefully they actually are shipping them. :)

Because Zavvi is shipping a lot of their stuff from the Channel Island (Guernsey, Jersey), which are a special area customs-wise...
So for most things from Zavvi above 25€ we have to pay customs fees... which sucks obviously lol

But i'm not sure how they would handle it with these ZBOX+steelbook orders... do they put the value of the complete order on the ZBOX AND the steelbook, or only on one of these items..?
If that were true it would affect us in the UK as well. I have never been charged customs for Zavvi order no matter how expensive an item has been.

Reactions: luke98
Because Zavvi is shipping a lot of their stuff from the Channel Island (Guernsey, Jersey), which are a special area customs-wise...
So for most things from Zavvi above 25€ we have to pay customs fees... which sucks obviously lol

But i'm not sure how they would handle it with these ZBOX+steelbook orders... do they put the value of the complete order on the ZBOX AND the steelbook, or only on one of these items..?

The following passages from the ZAVVI WEBSITE may help to clear up any confusion on this matter :-

"WILL I BE CHARGED CUSTOM AND IMPORT CHARGES ?

Orders placed for delivery outside of the U.K. may be subject to customs charges or import duties which are levied by the importing country at the time the delivery arrives in your country.

These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.

Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges and cannot advise what the cost may be.

(customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country)."
Unquote

and;-

"WILL I BE CHARGED V.A.T.?

All orders placed, which are being delivered within the U.K. are inclusive of V.A.T.

Orders with a different delivery address outside the U.K. may be subject to import duties and taxes (including V.A.T.) which are levied once a delivery reaches your destination country.

Any such additional charges must be borne by you .

You should note that customs policies and practices vary widely from country to country.

We recommend that you contact your local customs office for information.'
Unquote

So, clearly not Zavvi's fault :)

Last edited:
If that were true it would affect us in the UK as well. I have never been charged customs for Zavvi order no matter how expensive an item has been.

Lol, you mean i'm lying? I wish i would, but in fact i have had to visit our customs office more than often enough to prove that...
Most of my Zavvi steelbooks are shipped from Guernsey, so i had to pay customs fees many times already.
I can send you some pics of the letter from my customs office next time i get one lol

EDIT: btw, you guys over in the UK seem to have a way less strict customs control.
You get a lot high-value items without beeing charged for customs, while a lot of german collectors i know have to pay customs for Blufans releases now..

The following passage from the ZAVVI WEBSITE may help to clear up any confusion on this matter :-

"WILL I BE CHARGED CUSTOM AND IMPORT CHARGES ?

Orders placed for delivery outside of the U.K. may be subject to customs charges or import duties which are levied by the importing country at the time the delivery arrives in your country.

These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel.

Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges and cannot advise what the cost may be.

(customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country)."

Unquote

So, clearly not Zavvi's fault :)

Who says that it's their "fault"?
The fact, that we have to pay customs fees could be avoided easily, if Zavvi would ship their stuff from the UK "mainland" - which belongs to the EU (also in regards of customs laws). This only applies to customers within the EU of course, not to those in the US or elsewhere.

Lol, you mean i'm lying? I wish i would, but in fact i have had to visit our customs office more than often enough to prove that...
Most of my Zavvi steelbooks are shipped from Guernsey, so i had to pay customs fees many times already.
I can send you some pics of the letter from my customs office next time i get one lol

Who says that it's their "fault"?
The fact, that we have to pay customs fees could be avoided easily, if Zavvi would ship their stuff from the UK "mainland" - which belongs to the EU (also in regards of customs laws). This only applies to customers within the EU of course, not to those in the US or elsewhere.
No offence dude. Didn't mean to imply that. Typical Zavvi. Nothing they do makes any sense!

Reactions: monsterzebra
Zavvi can ship from wherever they wish and clearly there's nothing they can do about your particular country's fees and duty charges.

Last edited:
Zavvi can ship from wherever they wish and nothing can be done about it or about your country's fees and duties.

No offense towards you, but this statement is so pointless...
Of course they can ship from whereever they want, and it's not their fault that there's such things as customs fees - i just meant to say how things COULD be avoided. But they're probably enjoying special conditions in regards of taxes or something over there, so why should they change things..? ;)

If as you say Zavvi "are probably enjoying special privileges" by doing it this way then why on earth should they change it ?
Q.E.D.
My statement may be "so pointless" to you but it accurately reflects the current situation vis-à-vis Zavvi.

Last edited: