Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, you need to push and call on the FAQ article that says that everything will be covered. So far I got all refunded but with a 2 months delay. Also please read my reply about how it sometimes shows on your OLD statement if you pay with the CARD. But at moment I am struggling to get my money paid to PAYPAL for the ARROW STORE direct order. Btw I paid with paypal and finally after 2 months "our accounting will manually refund you and it might take up to 14 days so please do not run the paypal claim before"

Lost my patience.

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
Like I said, you need to push and call on the FAQ article that says that everything will be covered. So far I got all refunded but with a 2 months delay. Also please read my reply about how it sometimes shows on your OLD statement if you pay with the CARD. But at moment I am struggling to get my money paid to PAYPAL for the ARROW STORE direct order. Btw I paid with paypal and finally after 2 months "our accounting will manually refund you and it might take up to 14 days so please do not run the paypal claim before"

Lost my patience.

I quoted the FAQ on both of my messages. I will not settle on a small voucher. I'll keep pushing. Thanks ! :thumbs:

I quoted the FAQ on both of my messages. I will not settle on a small voucher. I'll keep pushing. Thanks ! :thumbs:
They need to refund you VAT for sure. Those fees you got in addition have become a regular thing no matter if company is in IOSS or not. This has nothing to do with the seller. So if DHL charges 20euros for processing + VAT of your country you are eligable for VAT refund but not processing fee because it will happen no matter what. Easy money for DHL, Fedex, National Post etc... Recently I bought from seller who is in IOSS and UPS only needed to scan the barcode to see if tax was paid or not and I got 24eurs processing fee which I cannot claim back.

Anyone received Zavvi's "Top 10" Steelbooks of 2021? Ha! I'd say 9 of them are there in error (personally!)
I did received it, and I for one choose long time ago to get zavvi's words and ESPECIALLY "advertisements" as good, valid and true. Is just zavvi's sore attempt to determine some last-minute-before-year-ends-buyers to spend their money on their feeble products. So, no, in zavvi's eyes this is not an error, but for any and all of us, ALL of them are.

They need to refund you VAT for sure. Those fees you got in addition have become a regular thing no matter if company is in IOSS or not. This has nothing to do with the seller. So if DHL charges 20euros for processing + VAT of your country you are eligable for VAT refund but not processing fee because it will happen no matter what. Easy money for DHL, Fedex, National Post etc... Recently I bought from seller who is in IOSS and UPS only needed to scan the barcode to see if tax was paid or not and I got 24eurs processing fee which I cannot claim back.
Hi, I live in The Netherlands, and since Zavvi sends every blu ray I order in a single packet, I have to pay customs for each single packet. There is NO logic behind the amount I have to pay: 4 euro, 11,51, 15 something, 16,57 and yesterday 19,04 euro for the Mae West box set from Indicator.
After some mailing back and forth, I now have the template message to send them: I start with the fact that ON THEIR SITE it says there were NO CHANGES DUE TO BREXIT and that Zavvi would take care of duties/customs. Then I say: I paid X euro for item X with the track&trace code UY1234567890GB, and most important ADD THE INVOICE/SCREENSHOT OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNT/PHOTO OF RECEIPT FROM THE POST OFFICE.
Sometimes they reply with nonsense, and on one occasion I just answered with: READ THE SCREENSHOT, and constantly state that it's not our fault and that Zavvi states on the website blablabla. If they mail back a positive answer, I received my money the next day on PayPal.
PS: I hope this helps people, but to be honest, I'm also pretty done with Zavvi and this back and forth chatter, but there's not a lot of good alternatives for ordering UK blurays in The Netherlands, and pricewise Zavvi is the cheapest.

Reactions: Chemartin_1
Im done with zavvi, their customer service is too poor to warrant any further purchases. I will not support them going forward

Reactions: Robles
Im done with zavvi, their customer service is too poor to warrant any further purchases. I will not support them going forward
Yeah I am very much feeling the same as you mate, their customer service is shocking at best.
With missing orders, big delays in certain releases and excuse after excuse when it comes to getting refunded over these orders I've just about had enough of them.
I personally wouldn't really miss much if I wasn't to order from them as most of the bits I get are for others anyway it's only the odd bit here and there that's mine and most of that can be purchased elsewhere.

Yeah I am very much feeling the same as you mate, their customer service is shocking at best.
With missing orders, big delays in certain releases and excuse after excuse when it comes to getting refunded over these orders I've just about had enough of them.
I personally wouldn't really miss much if I wasn't to order from them as most of the bits I get are for others anyway it's only the odd bit here and there that's mine and most of that can be purchased elsewhere.
Yes, its the opposite of a smooth process. took a month the last time I returned something to get a refund, and that was fighting the whole way. On another occasion I didn't even get a reply. the final straw is a missing/lost order, I dont want to go through their whole convoluted ordeal again. its got significantly and noticeably worse, in my experience.. just not worth it. cancelled all orders and 'red carpet' subscription.

Reactions: Robles
Yes, its the opposite of a smooth process. took a month the last time I returned something to get a refund, and that was fighting the whole way. On another occasion I didn't even get a reply. the final straw is a missing/lost order, I dont want to go through their whole convoluted ordeal again. its got significantly and noticeably worse, in my experience.. just not worth it. cancelled all orders and 'red carpet' subscription.
You're right, it just isn't worth the pissing around as nothing is plain sailing with them :D

Reactions: levi
I just don't get it.. since the whole Tax change everything I order from them gets to the postal service (PostNL for me), so that i can pay tax and once that is done the order just comes to a full stop. Tracking shows that it's payed but nothing else changes. So from the last 6 orders i placed only one arrived. For the other 5 i contacted them, explained everything, shown them that I've payed customs and after that nothing happens. And 2 days later i received my money back for the missing orders. No questions asked, and that's what's bothering me.. don't they want to know what happens to their products? When they pay me almost €200 back it seems like they just don't care or something... and when asked why there products always show up in customs but orders from Amazon.co.uk for example don't, they just arrive on time and no extra costs. They say, that it's not up to them if something is caught by customs. But i find that hard to believe if literally everything is caught by customs even before its in my country! So i guess they register their products with customs when they ship it, of course they deny it. But if other things, doesn't matter if its from the UK, USA or Japan.. only Zavvi stuff is a guarantee for tax payment, other things arrive and i have to pay tax once in 300 orders or so.
But the main problem is that ordering from Zavvi is now pretty much a no go for me and that's a sad thing. They have nice deals and products nobody else has. So finding alternatives is a hassle and most of the time they just don't exist, so if you want them Ebay is the place to get them for a hefty price. And no, that's not an option for me. Collecting Blurays is already pretty expensive when collecting everything but the regular stuff. So I'm kinda on a stop on collecting steelbooks and am going to sell most of my collection, that's the way I'm thinking now anyway. That I've gotten my money back without any hassle is a plus of course. But in the past when something arrived damaged or arrived not at all it was pretty easy to get a refund, exchanging products wasn't an option for some reason. But, to cut this long story short.. Zavvi was once great but are now nothing interesting because they do things on a shady level in my experience, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. But what's the best alternative to get some exclusive products besides Amazon or Ebay? Are there any other shops in the UK that are like Zavvi but are straight forward on how they ship and can be trusted?

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Ordered a Mondo Tiki mug from Zavvi, Xmas gift for daughter, wrong Tiki Mug arrived. Complained, sent order back, hurriedly ordered another hoping it would arrive in time for xmas.

Then Zavvi said they'd be sending out a replacement even though I'd already told them I'd made another purchase. The new one I'd purchased arrived a week after Xmas (the wrong one AGAIN) and the replacement they claimed to have posted never arrived.

And the refund for the original purchase? I had repeated emails stating they couldn't refund as the item hadn't arrived their end.... But when I checked 17track they'd had it 11 days!

Clowns.

I've always found Zavvi's Customer service shoddy..
Replies to queries and complaints often skirt around subjects raised. They can often come across as patronising as well.
In terms of customer service Zavvi have never been great...

Is there any working codes these days with zavvi seems ones I used to use expired end of 2021 thanks
These are all the ones I know of, but I’m sure some have expired. One might work though:

• SAVOO12
  • RCVIP - Pretty sure this was expired for the next one
  • RC10OFF - Pretty sure this is for RC Members only
  • MARSH10
  • REDDIT

Ordered a Mondo Tiki mug from Zavvi, Xmas gift for daughter, wrong Tiki Mug arrived. Complained, sent order back, hurriedly ordered another hoping it would arrive in time for xmas.

Then Zavvi said they'd be sending out a replacement even though I'd already told them I'd made another purchase. The new one I'd purchased arrived a week after Xmas (the wrong one AGAIN) and the replacement they claimed to have posted never arrived.

And the refund for the original purchase? I had repeated emails stating they couldn't refund as the item hadn't arrived their end.... But when I checked 17track they'd had it 11 days!

Clowns.
Further to my initial issues..... Sent back the 2nd incorrect item and finally got an email stating Zavvi had received it. So I waited for my refund but nothing materialised, so I message Zavvi and they replied asking for proof of postage :banghead:

Proof?! I point out YOU EMAILED ME TO TELL ME YOU'D RECEIVED THE ITEM - NOW REFUND ME PLEASE!

So Zavvi message me back "Unfortunately we still haven't received your proof of postage so are unable to refund... Etc etc"

I'm beginning to loose my sh*t now. Do their customer support not understand English or are they just completely and hilariously incompetent?? Maybe they're taking the 100 chimpanzees/100 typewriters approach in the employment stakes.

I've responded with a copy of their email (stating they'd received the item in their warehouse) and a screenshot of my time tracking app showing the item arriving at their address...... But at this point, instead of a refund, I'm half expecting them to send me out another incorrect tiki mug.

Clowns.

• Wow
Reactions: leelee17
Further to my initial issues..... Sent back the 2nd incorrect item and finally got an email stating Zavvi had received it. So I waited for my refund but nothing materialised, so I message Zavvi and they replied asking for proof of postage :banghead:

Proof?! I point out YOU EMAILED ME TO TELL ME YOU'D RECEIVED THE ITEM - NOW REFUND ME PLEASE!

So Zavvi message me back "Unfortunately we still haven't received your proof of postage so are unable to refund... Etc etc"

I'm beginning to loose my sh*t now. Do their customer support not understand English or are they just completely and hilariously incompetent?? Maybe they're taking the 100 chimpanzees/100 typewriters approach in the employment stakes.

I've responded with a copy of their email (stating they'd received the item in their warehouse) and a screenshot of my time tracking app showing the item arriving at their address...... But at this point, instead of a refund, I'm half expecting them to send me out another incorrect tiki mug.

Clowns.

If you still have issues my tip to you is chat. I had huge troubles with them too. Then I used chat, they tried same bu*ls*it on chat too, but I was firm and polite and then suddenly they literally changed their point of view. Which was pretty strange as they were talking apples minutes before, but now suddenly oranges. But anyway, you can "apply pressure" and convince them in live chat better. With emails they can always reply same BS what ever you write to them. Try it and good luck. :thumbs: