Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi seems to have implemented IOSS. My parcels haven't been caught by customs anymore. And there's sticker in the parcel inc. price, vat%, etc etc. Nice !

FYI @paulboland

Zavvi seems to have implemented IOSS. My parcels haven't been caught by customs anymore. And there's sticker in the parcel inc. price, vat%, etc etc. Nice !

FYI @paulboland
IOSS label and vat info etc has been on Zavvi parcels since after July 2021
Zavvi registered with IOSS back in July 2021

An order I got delivery back in August 2021
241143668_10225213403302716_5237533144858796260_n.jpg

Some countries had issues with IOSS with some retailers but I not had that problem ever with Zavvi

View attachment 531317

View attachment 531317

Some countries had issues with IOSS with some retailers but I not had that problem ever with Zavvi

Helo Paul, in our country - Czech republic, i need to register the item with IOSS number to avoid additional tax. Do you know Zavvi IOSS number i could provide to my local offices? Iam waiting for package now and i need to put those information otherwise i have to pay additional tax/VAT. Thanks

David

Helo Paul, in our country - Czech republic, i need to register the item with IOSS number to avoid additional tax. Do you know Zavvi IOSS number i could provide to my local offices? Iam waiting for package now and i need to put those information otherwise i have to pay additional tax/VAT. Thanks

David
Zavvi IOSS number I don't know and would not need to know it

The parcel info in regards to IOSS customs details are sent electronically by postal carrier in dispatch country to the postal carrier and customs in destination country that's how IOSS works

IOSS retailers number should not be on the outside of the parcel

IOSS rules
If the IOSS number is handwritten or printed on the front of the parcel, is that acceptable?

No. The IOSS number must not be shown on the parcel. It must be included in the electronic data that you provide to your parcel carrier, for each parcel being sent.

Last edited:
As far as i know IOSS number is secret. When i encountered issue with IOSS, i bough item via eBay and seller didn't have proper IOSS number i had to pay 22% VAT, despite eBay charging me that value at checkout.
When i called my post office they told me that IOSS number is some kind of tax secret - (sorry don't know proper translation in english :p) and only certain organisations know it.
I don't know however if that is true for other countries but in my country it's like that.

As far as i know IOSS number is secret. When i encountered issue with IOSS, i bough item via eBay and seller didn't have proper IOSS number i had to pay 22% VAT, despite eBay charging me that value at checkout.
When i called my post office they told me that IOSS number is some kind of tax secret - (sorry don't know proper translation in english :p) and only certain organisations know it.
I don't know however if that is true for other countries but in my country it's like that.
For ebay or amazon you find on internet IOSS numbers for those companies. Then for our customs its enough if i put needed IOSS number for packages from ebay/amazon and iam VAT cleared. Could be specific for CZE, this all is one big mystery:).
If i had this number for zavvi then it would be solved also.

For example Ebay UK: IM2760000742
Amazons:
Europe Amazon.co.uk IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.de IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.es IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.fr IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.it IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.nl IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.pl IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.se IM4420001201
US Amazon.com 50 IM4420001234
Canada Amazon.ca IM4420001223
Japan Amazon.co.jp IM4420001008

For ebay or amazon you find on internet IOSS numbers for those companies. Then for our customs its enough if i put needed IOSS number for packages from ebay/amazon and iam VAT cleared. Could be specific for CZE, this all is one big mystery:).
If i had this number for zavvi then it would be solved also.

For example Ebay UK: IM2760000742
Amazons:
Europe Amazon.co.uk IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.de IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.es IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.fr IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.it IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.nl IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.pl IM4420001201
Europe Amazon.se IM4420001201
US Amazon.com 50 IM4420001234
Canada Amazon.ca IM4420001223
Japan Amazon.co.jp IM4420001008
Amazon apply eu vat at checkout if delivery address is in EU
Amazon websites don't use IOSS and no need to use IOSS if item you are purchasing amazon is the seller or is a item fulfilled by amazon

Amazon the seller are registered for vat directly with revenue in EU countries

Example Amazon UK or Amazon Germany would remove those countries vat rate at checkout then apply the EU delivery country Vat rate that applies at checkout.

Those vat payments go directly to revenue in the EU delivery country and has nothing to do with IOSS
Amazon parcels Auto get customs clearance as vat has been paid

When using Amazon websites order items where the seller is amazon themselves or is a item fulfilled by Amazon

Third party sellers on some Amazon Websites some third party sellers don't remove local country vat rate or apply EU vat rate so avoid those sellers unless it's a item fulfilled by amazon

If you ordering from a Amazon EU website and delivery is to a EU country
IOSS does not apply if the seller is based in EU and eu vat is already included in purchase.

Czech republic is a EU country why would you need a Amazon IOSS number if you are ordering from a Amazon EU website when EU vat is already included in purchase and is a item shipped from a EU country to be shipped to another EU country

IOSS applies to items sold from a retailer based outside EU or a item shipped from outside EU and shipped to a delivery address in EU

Amazon apply eu vat at checkout if delivery address is in EU
Amazon websites don't use IOSS and no need to use IOSS if item you are purchasing amazon is the seller or is a item fulfilled by amazon

Amazon the seller are registered for vat directly with revenue in EU countries

Example Amazon UK or Amazon Germany would remove those countries vat rate at checkout then apply the EU delivery country Vat rate that applies at checkout.

Those vat payments go directly to revenue in the EU delivery country and has nothing to do with IOSS
Amazon parcels Auto get customs clearance as vat has been paid

When using Amazon websites order items where the seller is amazon themselves or is a item fulfilled by Amazon

Third party sellers on some Amazon Websites some third party sellers don't remove local country vat rate or apply EU vat rate so avoid those sellers unless it's a item fulfilled by amazon

If you ordering from a Amazon EU website and delivery is to a EU country
IOSS does not apply if the seller is based in EU and eu vat is already included in purchase.

Czech republic is a EU country why would you need a Amazon IOSS number if you are ordering from a Amazon EU website when EU vat is already included in purchase
For the amazon within EU and my case since cz is in eu you are correct. But i use this often for purchases on ebay uk and it works. Anyway the point was if anyone knows zavvi ioss number.

So, how are things now? I stopped ordering, mainly steelbooks, from Zavvi because with literally each order i had to pay customs and customs know exact what's in the box without opening it. So Zavvi declares each shipment from Guernsey to EU and even before the shipment is in my country I will be asked to pay the customs fee. Zavvi tells me that that is something they have no part of and its something between customs and me. But somehow that doesn't seems right at all.
But Zavvi have things that i can't found elsewhere, so i want to order again with them. But how are things these days with customs?

Any working codes for zavvi for non red carpet members normally there is something kicking around but anything i have tried is not.
Can be % off or certain spend I don’t mind.

Any working codes for zavvi for non red carpet members normally there is something kicking around but anything i have tried is not.

Zavvi sent an email out today with code STEEL10 for 10% off the next 24 hours but it doesn't seem to work on any, maybe try later when they've fixed it.

REDDIT still works on a few for 12% off

Ones I know of, but not sure if they still work. Worth a try though:

SAVOO12, MARSH10, REDDIT, GSG15 (£60+)

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Zavvi removed Croatia from the shipping list as of today while some orders got shipped today but I cant place any new. Anyone know what's going on? @paulboland any chance you can find out?

Zavvi removed Croatia from the shipping list as of today while some orders got shipped today but I cant place any new. Anyone know what's going on? @paulboland any chance you can find out?
I will ask Zavvi tomorrow
I might be just a temporary issue

I'm getting ready for my night shift now so won't have free time till tomorrow afternoon

• Friendly
Reactions: Tompa