Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Also Ive noticed that their USA store can now ship only to US-CA, Germany store to Germany, Italy store to Italy and Swiss... in the past I was able to order from any store and there were many countries on the drop down list.... it looks like they changing a lot of things.

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Also Ive noticed that their USA store can now ship only to US-CA, Germany store to Germany, Italy store to Italy and Swiss... in the past I was able to order from any store and there were many countries on the drop down list.... it looks like they changing a lot of things.

Yep. I noticed earlier today Germany was gone from the drop down list. Until a few months ago I always ordered from the Germany site because I had a 12% off euro code on steelbook pre-orders for a couple of years.

I guess I'll never be getting one of those again.

My preorders also shipped today... but im unable to place any new. I doubt they will do a Croatian store ever or add Croatia to drop down list on some of the EU stores

Can anyone tell me if ZAVVI is ok to ship to Germany? Whats your experience? I have a friend there but I dont want to use him if IOSS is problematic.

Yes. There is even a german site Zavvi.de
That's just the name though, shipping will always be from outside of Europe, and i don't know if they have changed something regarding customs. It's been a while sinds i ordered (NL, there is a Zavvi.NL, but shipping comes from Guernsey) because literally every item had had import fees. I'm curious if that has changed now..

That's just the name though, shipping will always be from outside of Europe, and i don't know if they have changed something regarding customs. It's been a while sinds i ordered (NL, there is a Zavvi.NL, but shipping comes from Guernsey) because literally every item had had import fees. I'm curious if that has changed now..
Then why would they go to the trouble of making German and Dutch sites if they're not going to ship to those countries....? :rolleyes:

Yes, Zavvi still ships to Germany. All VATs are already included in the final product price when ordering. They take part in IOSS. If you do get hit by customs nevertheless, just contact Zavvi, provide a picture of the invoice/costs for the "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer" and they will refund you what you paid additionaly to DHL/Deutsche Post.
Did this several times. No worries.

Yes, Zavvi still ships to Germany. All VATs are already included in the final product price when ordering. They take part in IOSS. If you do get hit by customs nevertheless, just contact Zavvi, provide a picture of the invoice/costs for the "Einfuhrumsatzsteuer" and they will refund you what you paid additionaly to DHL/Deutsche Post.
Did this several times. No worries.

HU6r.gif

I believe that's the answer we're looking for. :thumbs:

Reactions: Tompa
Then why would they go to the trouble of making German and Dutch sites if they're not going to ship to those countries....? :rolleyes:
The other Zavvi websites are just for Region/Language purposes

Zavvi USA though is a separate website since Summer 2021 to the other Zavvi websites
Zavvi USA can sell USA releases and UK releases
This why you can purchase Arrow Video USA releases on Zavvi USA but not on Zavvi UK or the other Zavvi websites

Zavvi UK releases are mostly shipped from Zavvi main warehouse based in Guernsey
Sometimes Zavvi orders are shipped from THG warehouse based in Warrington

USA releases are shipped from warehouse based in USA

UK releases sold on Zavvi USA are shipped from Guernsey or Warrington warehouse

I still not had a chance to contact Zavvi as to why some countries no longer been shipped to

I will eventually get around to asking but I been busy with more important things at the moment

Reactions: Tompa
They didn't bother to even put a simple message/notification on either website or twitter.
Just shows their lvl of ignorance. Absolutely mindblowing.
Thank god i only used site for exclusives and Rambo was last one i put for preorder.