Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know why Zavvy removed some countries from shipping destinations? They don't ship to Baltic states also.

I got this answer from them:
I am sorry to let you know that we are unable to dispatch items to your country and cannot provide a timescale on when we will be delivering to your region.

But I don't understand the reason. They could change shipping prices if it is releated to costs.

Maybe too few customers ?

Are any Red Carpet customers having problems getting the RC10OFF discount code to work anymore?, Seems to have suddenly stopped on many items (in stock steelbooks, 4k, blu-rays etc.), I never had an issue before, seemed to work on most in stock items, now theres suddenly 4185 excluded items, according to the red carpet small print exclusion list...only things that seems to still work is the free delivery.

Props to zavvi for upping the density on the slips in general the past year. Now if they would just change the mailers on the higher end titles so there isnt a 75% crush rate they would be golden.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
@paulboland did you ever asked Zavvi about removing countries mate?
Still not had the chance to ask

I'm off for 2 weeks from next week will try then

I have been busy past 3 months using Sky Glass Streaming Service in Republic of Ireland which has taken lot more of my time to be on HDN etc
I also work 12 hour night shifts every week

Still not had the chance to ask

I'm off for 2 weeks from next week will try then

I have been busy past 3 months using Sky Glass Streaming Service in Republic of Ireland which has taken lot more of my time to be on HDN etc
I also work 12 hour night shifts every week
Oh, Paul - set your priorities right. :rofl:

The RC 10% discount code has turned into a joke. Almost every time I go to use it on an in stock item it doesn't work. It's one thing saying 'exclusions apply' but when they seem to be adding everything to the exclusion list what's the point?

So another twist in the new tracked shipping only service from Zavvi to Canada.

My Thor: Love and Thunder order is arriving today. Not only are shipping rates going from $6.00 Canadian for non tracked parcels (which is no longer an option that Zavvi is providing to Canada) to $15.00 for the new mandatory tracked shipping but it seems that Zavvi has stopped including the VAT $ paid information on the shipping labels recently.

So the package was just released from Customs and I will be required to pick up my package from a Canada Post outlet. I will have to pay Duty and taxes for the first time ever on a Zavvi order.

Duty and taxes owing:$43.49 CAD

The value of the package is on the label but not the amount of the VAT paid. It also states that the country of origin of goods is Poland.

The package was shipped from Warrington but went through FedEx in Spain.

When it reached Canada it was handed over to Customs and it is being delivered by Canada Post, not FedEx.

Zavvi when tracked shipping is provided
Orders are always shipped from THG warehouse in Warrington been this way for a good few years

Note
It's not actually FedEx the courier itself

It's FedEx® International Connect (FIC) (Fedex Cross Border) that's not the same thing as FedEx the Courier

Zavvi website your orders
Track Order
You will see 2 different tracking numbers listed

First Tracking Number will be for will be for Fic Tracking
That Tracking number starts with HUT#############

Below this you will see a different tracking number
This is the local tracking Number
This local tracking number will vary depending on the destination country and which local courier that will be doing actual delivery

You find out who will be delivering your parcel by clicking
Carrier View More Tracking
The local tracking number is different and not the FIC tracking number

Note
Local tracking number will not be active until the parcel arrives in destination country as in when the courier or postal service that is delivering your parcel in your country scan the parcel for first time

Example
In Republic of Ireland the local courier tracking number is for Fastway Courier
That local tracking number only works when arrives at Fastway
It will be different courier in other countries

Local Tracking number some countries it can be your local postal service or another different courier in regards to tracking your parcel

Orders sent with Tracking Shipping in Regards to EU Countries
Vat is paid by Zavvi themselves to the courier
The courier themselves does the customs clearance and pass on that payment to revenue in destination country
If you based in EU
You should not be asked by courier or postal service to pay Vat if that happens contact Zavvi for a refund of the Vat

So it's still great to know that we know why Vanuatu, Tajikistan, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Western Sahara etc etc etc... are still countries Zavvi ships to but not some EU countries.
My guess is they fu*ked up lot of orders - lost them and lose more than they gain so they simply remove some EU countries.
Who from these countries complains to Zavii - if they do at all? Noone that's why they keep them around.

Zavvi when tracked shipping is provided
Orders are always shipped from THG warehouse in Warrington been this way for a good few years

Note
It's not actually FedEx the courier itself

It's FedEx® International Connect (FIC) (Fedex Cross Border) that's not the same thing as FedEx the Courier

Zavvi website your orders
Track Order
You will see 2 different tracking numbers listed

First Tracking Number will be for will be for Fic Tracking
That Tracking number starts with HUT#############

Below this you will see a different tracking number
This is the local tracking Number
This local tracking number will vary depending on the destination country and which local courier that will be doing actual delivery

You find out who will be delivering your parcel by clicking
Carrier View More Tracking
The local tracking number is different and not the FIC tracking number

Note
Local tracking number will not be active until the parcel arrives in destination country as in when the courier or postal service that is delivering your parcel in your country scan the parcel for first time

Example
In Republic of Ireland the local courier tracking number is for Fastway Courier
That local tracking number only works when arrives at Fastway
It will be different courier in other countries

Local Tracking number some countries it can be your local postal service or another different courier in regards to tracking your parcel

Orders sent with Tracking Shipping in Regards to EU Countries
Vat is paid by Zavvi themselves to the courier
The courier themselves does the customs clearance and pass on that payment to revenue in destination country
If you based in EU
You should not be asked by courier or postal service to pay Vat if that happens contact Zavvi for a refund of the Vat

Nope.

All my orders that was tracked shipping from Zavvi was shipped from Warrington

I just have delivery today from Zavvi of Brams Stoker's Dracula SteelBook
Tracked shipping from THG Warrington warehouse

311427599_10227460009106457_3522683996957570135_n.jpg

Info is as I previoiusly posted #6354
Local trackling number was for tracking with Fastway Ireland
Delivery by Fastway
Courier got the Vat paid by Zavvi themeslves
The courier then done the customs clearance

Screenshot (354).png

Zavvi warehouse in Guernsey don't do tracked shipping
That's why orders that use tracking are shipped from THG Warrington warehouse

Local Tracking and courier used will vary in other countries as I previously posted #6354

Last edited:
Warrington

I have had only one tracking code starting with LS
Shipped from Southhall, Middlesex to Hague, NL to Helsinki, Finland to me ...
Courier : Spring GDS

Note : seemed to work fine, when item arrived, the next day I got a mail that I got the item. :thumbs:

...and like I wrote few days back, this is the first time I got tracked item from Zavvi. And this was "nothing special" Thor L & T steelbook. Hope this keeps up, makes easier to make complaints.

I have had only one tracking code starting with LS
Shipped from Southhall, Middlesex to Hague, NL to Helsinki, Finland to me ...
Courier : Spring GDS

Note : seemed to work fine, when item arrived, the next day I got a mail that I got the item. :thumbs:
Thats the Spring GDS local courier address label they are based in Southall
That's not the shipping label from Zavvi
The courier and local tracking number provided will be different as a different courier is used for other countries delivery address
The courier shipping label is pasted on top of Zavvi shipping Label by the courier themselves after they receive the parcel from Zavvi International based in Warrington

Tracked shipping from Zavvi
Zavvi Shipping label will list Warrington address
If you remove your courier label from your parcel you will see Zavvi International shipping label underneath

My parcel the Fastway courier label was covering Zavvi shipping label which is always done when Fastway receive the parcel from Zavvi

I removed the Fastway Courier Label from my parcel
Zavvi Shipping label below

Zavvi Internatinal is based in Warrington

It's actually shipped from THG warehouse in Warrington
Renamed Zavvi International recently for Zavvi orders
311427599_10227460009106457_3522683996957570135_n.jpg

Reactions: Space Cadet
@paulboland

View attachment 543629

Admit : sometimes you are wrong. There was no other labels etc on the parcel. Just this and the LSxxxxxxxxx tracking code.
Cheers !
:thumbs:
That's the return address if parcel not delivered
There is various different return address used depending countries parcel was shipped to
That's not the same thing as where a parcel was shipped from

I had that netherlands return address before listed on parcels shipped from Zavvi Guernsey lots of times

Zavvi UK releases tracked parcels are shipped from Warrington Warehouse
Your parcel then goes to the courier can be a UK courier or a International courier that is used
Lots of different local postal services or couriers are used and will vary depending on destination country
Local Tracking number will be the courier or local postal service for who is delivering your parcel

Some will see tracking list FedEx® International Connect (FIC) who then pass on parcel to local courier company in international destination country
Thats why some customers see 2 different tracking numbers listed on Zavvi website when they click track my order

My Local tracking number is what Fastway use
Fastway Ireland tracking number starts with 1S in regards to parcels shipped by Zavvi

A different courier would have different type local tracking number

Some customers will only have a local tracking tracking number when they click track my order if FedEx® International Connect (FIC) not used

Your Zavvi parcel
It was UK courier Spring GDS they are based in Southall

Unit 9 Trident Way
International Trading Estate
Southall
Middlesex
UB2 5LF
United Kingdon

Spring GDS received your parcel from warehouse in Warrington
Courier
then sent that parcel to your local postal service in Finland