Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Slovenian here, I too can't order from Zavvi anymore, so I've asked at their twitter CS and this is the reply I've got.
This is a first for me, a capitalist who doesn't like money. I've been buying online (in general) since 2001 and merchants usually added my country if it was not listed but to remove it and say it's due to low traffic and leaving Tuvalu as an available destination?
No problem, I have already moved on.

Attachments

• zavvi.gif
    zavvi.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Tompa and 5t33lb0y
Slovenian here, I too can't order from Zavvi anymore, so I've asked at their twitter CS and this is the reply I've got.
This is a first for me, a capitalist who doesn't like money. I've been buying online (in general) since 2001 and merchants usually added my country if it was not listed but to remove it and say it's due to low traffic and leaving Tuvalu as an available destination?
No problem, I have already moved on.
I hear people at Cape Verde ordering a tons of goods. Same as Russian Federation at the moment.

Reactions: Senorbiggles
I have a similar issue with shipping to Hungary (or the lack of it).

I was told the following explanation at the end of July: “We have recently stopped shipping to certain countries due to our Couriers not being able to fulfil the shipment in your country. We are currently working on finding an alternate solution to this, however, there is no confirmed date at the moment.”

Funny thing is that they are still shipping to me the previously pre-ordered steelbooks, but I am unable to submit any new orders…

Reactions: Tompa
Same thing here, preorders are being shipped. I contacted them 5 times and all 5 times I got different answer.
Everyone else can ship from UK to our countries but they cant. Spent a fortune with them, I really did. Dozens of thousands every year. Oh well I will spend less from now on.
Thanks Zavvi

Same thing here, preorders are being shipped. I contacted them 5 times and all 5 times I got different answer.
Everyone else can ship from UK to our countries but they cant. Spent a fortune with them, I really did. Dozens of thousands every year. Oh well I will spend less from now on.
Thanks Zavvi
That simply sucks. I too spended thousands a year on Steelbooks. Luckily my hunger for Steelbooks is way less because they always bring new versions out of a certain movie. So once you have a limited Edition, half year later there comes another Limited Edition with more extras, better artwork.. I'm sick of that and it messes up the steelbook market.
Then the mess with customs that delayed my packages with at least a month and costs me extra. Now i will give them one more shot to see how it goes and if they pay back customs (because literally every package got caught by customs from them, while a Amazon package never gets cuaght, or a normal package from just a person... doesnt get caught and is here within a week), because they said they can not help if it got caught by customs and many here get that money back, so im going to push to get it back too.
So once more... if that fails its good bye to them for ever. I'm from the Netherlands btw. And will post back if i have ordered and how long it takes and if customs gets involved again or maybe not.. we'll see.

@Lenny Nero Are you getting your orders shipped to Russia atm?
No no, I get everything, Zavvi, HMV, Amazon orders, through a UK freight forwarder Alfaparcel. 3rd and 4th 9kg packages being prepared for shipping now, as I buy some titles for other people on my forum.
It's good our customs limit is €1000 per package. :wtf:

No no, I get everything, Zavvi, HMV, Amazon orders, through a UK freight forwarder Alfaparcel. 3rd and 4th 9kg packages being prepared for shipping now, as I buy some titles for other people on my forum.
It's good our customs limit is €1000 per package. :wtf:
gotcha, because Russia still is in their drop down menu. I hate using forwarders because a lot of time i get damaged items and then im f...
good thing is that most of EU Amazons are having those Zavvi Exclusives and most of the time booklet is in english.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
gotcha, because Russia still is in their drop down menu. I hate using forwarders because a lot of time i get damaged items and then im f...
good thing is that most of EU Amazons are having those Zavvi Exclusives and most of the time booklet is in english.

Oh yeah, many still have it as an option, although don't ship anymore. But there are some websites that mail directly, one guy received a whole damn bicycle by post...
I know what you mean, but I had more damaged items when Amazon shipped directly, rather than through a forwarder, maybe because local delivery is a shorter trip for it to get banged up somewhere. Plus they can always inspect and photograph it for you, but it costs a few dollars, and I don't bother. Either way have no choice now.

Anyone having trouble trying to contact zavvi under an order?

I can select contact us. And then the drop down box for the issue, I can type in the box And select a photo but I can’t choose the item I’m contacting them for

Anyone else have this issue? If you go into a previous order with 2 or more items can you then select one to contact them for? Maybe it’s a bug

Anyone having trouble trying to contact zavvi under an order?

I can select contact us. And then the drop down box for the issue, I can type in the box And select a photo but I can’t choose the item I’m contacting them for

Anyone else have this issue? If you go into a previous order with 2 or more items can you then select one to contact them for? Maybe it’s a bug
Ditto...trying to contact to get a return for a damaged item, and the same issue, there should be a box to tick the item as there is for multi orders, but it isn't showing up, i can't even go to live chat to complain as its offline at the moment.

Really getting peeved with this company.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Ditto...trying to contact to get a return for a damaged item, and the same issue, there should be a box to tick the item as there is for multi orders, but it isn't showing up, i can't even go to live chat to complain as its offline at the moment.

Yeah someone else confirmed for me earlier. Trying to do the same. I’m guessing it’s a little glitch. I’ll try tomorrow or the weekend

Cheers

It’s working now mate

Does anybody know why Zavvy removed some countries from shipping destinations? They don't ship to Baltic states also.

I got this answer from them:
I am sorry to let you know that we are unable to dispatch items to your country and cannot provide a timescale on when we will be delivering to your region.

But I don't understand the reason. They could change shipping prices if it is releated to costs.

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

View attachment 29482

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.
Hello all

Not sure if this is the right chat but how can I got promo code when purchasing at zavvi?

Hello all

Not sure if this is the right chat but how can I got promo code when purchasing at zavvi?

SAVOO12, RCVIP, RC10OFF, MARSH10, REDDIT, GSG15 (£60+), KORTING15 (Dutch), GSG15, MELISSA10

Some of these of these may have expired, some may have special requirements, some may not work in every country, but they have all worked before and are all worth a try

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Masta Norris
SAVOO12, RCVIP, RC10OFF, MARSH10, REDDIT, GSG15 (£60+), KORTING15 (Dutch), GSG15, MELISSA10

Some of these of these may have expired, some may have special requirements, some may not work in every country, but they have all worked before and are all worth a try
Awesome, thank you so much

Couple more for the codes...

UKBSC - UK code from the "UK Blu-ray Steelbook Collectors" group on Facebook.
TAK10 - 10%
Reddit10 - 10% (currently expired)
RL15 - 15% (currently expired)