Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 558
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a GREAT advice to ANY collector!
Also a personal list/data-base could be handy in so many occasions (additionally to just tracking orders), like for example "did I purchase this already?", or "how much did I paid for this?", or just simply "where did I put this in my library?" if you added this information too.

Yeah, I have all that information. So when I'm selling I can check the price I bought the item with. And I separate the item and shipping. Handy stuff like that. Have admit - I like using excel , yeah, I'm a bit nerd. :rofl:.

...and do not tell anyone. I have one sheet where I calculate if I get profit or not. I'm not a scalper but hey, sometimes you get lucky. With excel you can easily calculate did you lose or win when selling ... and believe me, more times I lose, specially now that I'm getting rid of my dvd collection. And I use this spreadsheet for everything I buy, well not food and clothes, but books, cds, pc parts etc.

...and more t than once I've wondered what happened to steelbook X, easy to check - oh, I sold that ...

There is no order. What Zavvi stated is they charged for a Red Carpet subscription (I don’t have). I have not purchased this. Their offer was to put £9.99 credit on my Zavvi account but I didn’t buy it and that is not acceptable. They stole from my account and will not budge. I know it seems hard to believe but this is facts. I have had poor experiences with Zavvi in the past but never known this to ever happen. Fortunately my card they used will expire soon so this can never happen again but the way they are dealing with it is disgusting. It’s the principle.

Anyone else having problems using the red carpet steelbook 10% discount at all? It doesn't seem to work on any steelbook that I add to my basket, and I'm not really getting much help from Zavvi themselves.

Anyone else having problems using the red carpet steelbook 10% discount at all? It doesn't seem to work on any steelbook that I add to my basket, and I'm not really getting much help from Zavvi themselves.
Are you trying on In stock item or Pre Order release

Red Carpet Discount Codes are for In Stock items only as per terms and conditions

Red Carpet and other general discount codes sometimes will work on pre orders before Zavvi disable the code on a pre order
This has to be done manually after going live Zavvi do this quickly disable the codes often per release but you can get lucky and they be late in disable the code that why they work sometimes on pre orders

Just on in stock items. I know it only works for a couple minutes on the pre-orders when they go live. I got sent the exclusions list from Zavvi in a message, and it includes literally every in-stock steelbook, which makes no sense.

Any idea how to check what Zavvi is charging us for?

Got a notification of charged on my credit card but no pending release / order

How protected are we from indiscriminate charging by Zavvi? At least Amazon i can see the charge amount at the order page

With Zavvi and especially with multiple orders. This becomes a nightmare to track

Been thinking about this but today a sudden and random GBP29.99 charge really bothers me

What bugs me is they show dates of an item when released or sent and ok charge often a week before..
I had forgot i had ordered two of same item one single and the other to combine with another order to get free shipping.
I check today its not out till 9th nov and i can or will not allow me to cancel on of the orders.
Yes i should have done so sooner but forgot and days seem to fly past for me.
But wow await dispatch already on an item that days estimate delivery sent 9th nov.

I have contacted them to ask for one to be canceled but i know this dont give a crap and will not do that, and i bet its not sent until many days after.

I like how amazin even when preparing for shipping you can still cancel.

But zavvi money grabbers will take payments early and have it on await dispatch a week early than advertised.

I need to check more often on dates and orders so i dont end up buying twice.

But its about time they made this option better, they are not even open yet and plenty of time to deal with it but they will not.

That's a LOT of steelbooks

Considering how bloody useless they are in terms of customer service, we can see where the money is being spent!

Once this wave of Star Wars fails Steels is over, I'm pretty set on cancelling any other pre-orders with them. It's not just the fact that 8 of 9 Steelbooks were received damaged, and they lost Solo , its the dreadful service one suffers trying to fix these problems.

Reactions: williamhamson
Rep of Ireland Members

If you not yet aware Zavvi now have a Ireland Website

Discount code FREEAC for Free Shipping don't work yet on Ireland site or most of the other discount codes

Zavvi setting up Ireland Website is likely due to UK from January 1st 2021 no longer under the rules of EU

I will be testing an order on Zavvi Ireland website after January 1st to see what happens and who they use for postal carrier

The Zavvi chat function has been disabled for me since Friday, and I'm chasing up a replacement order, anyone else unable to use the chat function?

The Zavvi chat function has been disabled for me since Friday, and I'm chasing up a replacement order, anyone else unable to use the chat function?

Yep it's unavailable. I have 4 items that I'm still waiting on after 8 days and have used the contact form twice with no reply and can't use the chat either. Get the thumb out zavvi

Reactions: oldpainless
Yep it's unavailable. I have 4 items that I'm still waiting on after 8 days and have used the contact form twice with no reply and can't use the chat either. Get the thumb out zavvi
They must have switched it off after the Solo 4k Steelbook fiasco with several hundred people contacting them!