71.9 KB · Views: 451
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 470
Last edited by a moderator:
was the august 11 release date pushed forward and they are shipping now OR it's still just pre-orders that are being taken ?
As of yet my pre-order from ES via Play hasn't shipped (though has been "Processing in Warehouse" since yesterday), so I'd imagine it's still pre-orders, though could be wrong - the Play.com listing still says it's a pre-order.
Edit: Having said that, if they ship items tomorrow and assume 3 working days for delivery due to second class postage, that would be release day (though chances are some would turn up on Saturday), so they could have put the eBay listing up today knowing it'd be shipped tomorrow for release day delivery.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus
As of yet my pre-order from ES via Play hasn't shipped (though has been "Processing in Warehouse" since yesterday), so I'd imagine it's still pre-orders, though could be wrong - the Play.com listing still says it's a pre-order.
Edit: Having said that, if they ship items tomorrow and assume 3 working days for delivery due to second class postage, that would be release day (though chances are some would turn up on Saturday).

Unfortunately I believe this is a cheap trick by ES to ensure people can't cancel once it gets close to the release date.

I tried to cancel yesterday but because they have set its status to "Processing" it means you cannot cancel automatically. So I sent an email requesting a cancellation and I got an answer this morning saying they'd try and arrange a cancellation....I'm still waiting about 10 hours later. So I suspect they're now going to delay the matter as much as possible so they can say it had already dispatched :angry:

This is not the first time I've had this issue with ES. Seriously, these guys are far worse than Zavvi in my experience.

Unfortunately I believe this is a cheap trick by ES to ensure people can't cancel once it gets close to the release date.

I tried to cancel yesterday but because they have set its status to "Processing" it means you cannot cancel automatically. So I sent an email requesting a cancellation and I got an answer this morning saying they'd try and arrange a cancellation....I'm still waiting about 10 hours later. So I suspect they're now going to delay the matter as much as possible so they can say it had already dispatched :angry:

This is not the first time I've had this issue with ES. Seriously, these guys are far worse than Zavvi in my experience.

Why do you keep ordering stuff from them that you want to cancel? Is that not just a cheap trick too?

ES have set the status to processing on the Monday before release for the last 6 or 7 of their exclusives, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that this would happen here.

This steelbook looks good so far imo and I'm looking forward to receiving it in hand.

Edit: Having said that, if they ship items tomorrow and assume 3 working days for delivery due to second class postage, that would be release day (though chances are some would turn up on Saturday), so they could have put the eBay listing up today knowing it'd be shipped tomorrow for release day delivery.

That makes sense, it would have been unlikely that they would have advances the release day when it's so close to it. Makes sense pre-orders being prepared to be sipped and received for release date, same as Future Shop did for us.... Amazon also does that

Why do you keep ordering stuff from them that you want to cancel? Is that not just a cheap trick too?

ES have set the status to processing on the Monday before release for the last 6 or 7 of their exclusives, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that this would happen here.

This steelbook looks good so far imo and I'm looking forward to receiving it in hand.

Thought the same thing, plus trying to then cancel at the beginning of processing week lol. Should have cancelled last week.

I'm guessing you've never had a steelbook that interested you reach "sold out" status before you made your mind up?

Now that it appears it won't sell out before release day I'm well within my rights to cancel an item I've pre-ordered and see how it looks from photos and / or see if there's a price drop before committing. A week ahead of release should be more than enough to arrange a cancellation, I mean how disorganized are they otherwise?! I've done it with Zavvi and never had a single problem cancelling an item within that time frame. With ES I seem to have a problem every time. Besides, I'm the customer - therefore I'm always right :p

I'm guessing you've never had a steelbook that interested you reach "sold out" status before you made your mind up?

Now that it appears it won't sell out before release day I'm well within my rights to cancel an item I've pre-ordered and see how it looks from photos and / or see if there's a price drop before committing. A week ahead of release should be more than enough to arrange a cancellation, I mean how disorganized are they otherwise?! I've done it with Zavvi and never had a single problem cancelling an item within that time frame. With ES I seem to have a problem every time. Besides, I'm the customer - therefore I'm always right :p

I appreciate that there is a law over here to protect customers from distance sellers if the customer changes their mind on an item. But I have never thought it was a very fair law and only serves to punish the retailer and cost them money due to someone being indecisive.

I don't think it is ES that are being disorganized. It is very easy to set reminders or keep note of when steelbooks are going to be released and therefore work out when they are going to be charged to save hassle and cancel in advance if you are still undecided. The thing with ES is to cancel your order a bit earlier than you would with Zavvi and then you wouldn't have this problem with them every time / they wouldn't have this problem with you every time.

Only my view on it though. As you say, you are the customer... :p

Only my view on it though. As you say, you are the customer... :p
As a place I worked at years ago used to say... "the customer is always right, except when they're not... just don't make them feel that they're not". ;)

Personally I don't think it's unreasonable for a company to start processing an order a couple of days before they're expecting to ship it out, especially if they have a bunch of orders for something (and as they ship second class, it's reasonable to expect it will be shipped tomorrow for release day delivery) - but maybe that's just me. I wouldn't be surprised if the warehouse did actually start packing orders ready for dispatch on Monday.

Id say theyre pretty organised and run like clockwork for each release personally and if youve tried it before you should have cancelled before Monday....the customer is certainly not always right, especially in the steelbook world!!

Or of course they could ship late for delivery on release date and then be moaned at for not getting it out to people early.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: Thelite13

All customers who ordered got a confirmation order email
In all of the confirmation order emails it has
Delivery Status: Expected to ship 04 August 2014
Release Date 11th August 2014

That means very clearly payment would be taken on the 4th of August
Then it would ship shortly after
So if you wanted to cancel it would have had to been before the 4th of August
After that you would still have your right to a refund on return of item under their return policy

From the day you ordered it was in your email
Delivery Status: Expected to ship 04 August 2014

Last edited: