Looper (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Former HMV Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Word of caution from an UK HDN Member about HMV (thanks VRob98)

HMV now in administration said:
People should just be aware of 2 things:

1) If you receive a damaged or faulty copy from now on, you will not receive a replacement or refund

2) If they charge your card and are then unable to fulfil your order, you will not be refunded.

The way a company operates whilst under administration is quite different to how it operates normally, and certain consumer rights are suspended. If anything goes wrong you would have to apply to the administrator or claim against your credit card issuer.

I'd encourage everyone who has orders in with HMV to consider the above, as I'd hate to see anyone here lose their money in all of this.

Available to pre-order right now.
Release date: January 28, 2013
Purchase Link: Amazon.co.uk
Note: No inside art (see post #443)

Excellent news!

View attachment 21144

View attachment 20473

706122_10152284792135640_1449983099_o.jpg
Actual pics thanks to sinthetic:
Lu6xuUr.jpg

4BT1mTm.jpg

OruGRdy.jpg

GwtEjZm.jpg

IXyPXUw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
my copy arrived today!
I'm really happy with it! Aside from the lack of inside art, I prefer this to the FS one, mainly because the spine is not bilingual, but I also really like the design.

A few people have asked them on twitter what's happening with it, they responded that the supplier haven't sent the stock. I told them it's funny they sent the stock to Amazon..must be aware of the crap service.

I was always defending them as I personally have had no run ins with them with regards to damage/delays etc (7-9 days to Australia every time), but boy the posts on here sure have opened my eyes and left a sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

Reactions: lolwut
A few people have asked them on twitter what's happening with it, they responded that the supplier haven't sent the stock. I told them it's funny they sent the stock to Amazon..must be aware of the crap service.

I was always defending them as I personally have had no run ins with them with regards to damage/delays etc (7-9 days to Australia every time), but boy the posts on here sure have opened my eyes and left a sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

Travid in post #818 posted a link to the Zavvi eBay outlet where they are selling this, so they do have stock!!!

Travid in post #818 posted a link to the Zavvi eBay outlet where they are selling this, so they do have stock!!!
Their feedback is filled with complaints about Zavvi listing items that aren't in stock. :hilarious:

But to create a listing like this just leaves a bad impression on them. I'm hoping Amazon would take over Uk exclusives instead, kinda worried if I'll ever see the Roger Rabbit steel mint.

Reactions: travid
i ordered with zavvi didnt know they were so rubbish worth canceling u guys and gals think and getting else where?

i ordered with zavvi didnt know they were so rubbish worth canceling u guys and gals think and getting else where?

I'm quite surprised that you didn't know how rubbish Zavvi are tbh as their poor service is well documented on many forums.

Their handling of this steelbook has been nothing short of a farce with many people having their pre orders cancelled & others still waiting for it to be even dispatched.

Just don't order from them & hopefully they will get the message & buck their ideas up.

I shan't be holding my breath though.

:scat: Because people want to save money versus great customer service from Amazon EEK!

That is true, but I rather pay a little bit more so I know I get my steelbook in decent shape.

That is why I will miss play.com the most. Superior packaging and just all in all great :)