Manta Lab x Disney

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Posting here for visibility. Feel free to discuss.

Hi guys, this is John and I hope everyone is doing well. Today, I am very excited and happy to make an announcement that from July, we have become a Consumer Product Licensee for The Walt Disney Company Hong Kong.

More updates and news related to this news will be posted but the biggest reason why we obtained the license was to create Marvel Steelbooks.

More info and details will be shared soon.

Thank you very much.
John

88A9EAD5-A736-44D8-BE39-8CF486823152.jpeg

robert-downey-jr-dancing.gif

Please please please focus on classic movies too, not just ones released within the last 10 years. Aladdin, Toy Story, Aliens, TRUE LIES(!!)...
Man.... A Disney animated classics run would put me in the poor house... But I'd still hand my wallet over.

LOL, no. Manta doesn’t (re)master discs, they merely produce pretty packaging. Cameron/Disney have yet to release True Lies and/or The Abyss on Blu-ray, let alone 4K.

And when Cameron does the 4K transfers he's going to mess them up so bad that you're not going to want them. But people will buy them anyway and then say how bad they are after they play the discs.

Yeah, I'm afraid he went 'all digital', and actually likes the 'perfect clean' look, and might try to kill all the filmic grain, making another wax museum horror. His mind is occupied with all that CGI crap he's making. I bet he wouldn't even be able to create another Aliens or T2 nowadays, without turning it into a Saturday morning cartoon.

Yeah, I'm afraid he went 'all digital', and actually likes the 'perfect clean' look, and might try to kill all the filmic grain, making another wax museum horror. His mind is occupied with all that CGI crap he's making. I bet he wouldn't even be able to create another Aliens or T2 nowadays, without turning it into a Saturday morning cartoon.
I think he supervised the Blu-ray restoration of ‘Aliens’ and that retained all the grain/no DNR. But that was a decade ago, I don’t know where his head’s at right now. He might favor 3D once again, as he did with the reissue of ‘Titanic.’