Thor (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #14) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 for Lenticular & 700 for 1/4 slip)
Notes: 3D+2D region free discs. 3D disc is worldwide edition.
WEA embossed front steelbook with WEA full height lenticular slip cover.
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group buy: HDN Blufans Marvel GB

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the Zavvi version was significantly different, this is almost the same whether Blufans fault or not. Why bother releasing a new Steelbook if it is just a inferior rehash of a previous one? I guess the obvious answer is money. Blufans know that Marvel titles are guaranteed money makers, I can't blame them but many seem to think that Blufans only have collectors' in mind when recent title choices prove that isn't the case.

As for those concerned about the value of the original releases, of course this will have an impact. Blufans will release maybe 2000 or 3000 copies, many will go for this instead of trying to pick up one of the other versions or will sell on the version they already own. It means more copies for sale and trade, which means a drop in value.

I believe they are working on that. They are also on Ebay though-different item....http://www.ebay.com/itm/171278864252. Price seems a little high, but, fyi

DB - Were you hinting this was Blufans ebay shop or did i misinterpret the message ?
If so how do you know this is actually Blufans themselves and not just a 3rd party seller ?
I see no evidence that it is Blufans officially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: domalorite
DB - Were you hinting this was Blufans ebay shop or did i misinterpret the message ?
If so how do you know this is actually Blufans themselves and not just a 3rd party seller ?
I see no evidence that it is Blufans officially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is not Blufans official just a 3rd party seller

Reactions: domalorite
I think this is not Blufans official just a 3rd party seller

Looks more than likely a 3rd party reseller. If it was official I'm sure they would say they're official Blufans. Also the quantities they are selling are only a few copies. You would expect there to be dozens for sale. And their feedback history isn't too extensive either.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
It is still the same image on the front though which is the most important aspect of this Steelbook since most will probably keep it sealed. If the tiny change qualifies it as WEA, then the term is meaningless. That is why people are disappointed because when the term WEA is used, collectors think that means completely different artwork, not a rehash of a previous design with worse back artwork.

It is still the same image on the front though which is the most important aspect of this Steelbook since most will probably keep it sealed. If the tiny change qualifies it as WEA, then the term is meaningless. That is why people are disappointed because when the term WEA is used, collectors think that means completely different artwork, not a rehash of a previous design with worse back artwork.

worse back art :hilarious: yes in ur opinion perhaps

there is some strict contracts in place in regards to the marvel films that released as paramount before Disney buy out ... Disney and paramount have had lots of fights .... I was wondering what they were gonna try and pull off wth that in mind as it was same reason why uk edition have all had to use already approved art. I think given those limitations they did a pretty good job.

This is also why I'm curious as to what kimchi thinks they can do with Iron Man. My guess is expect something like this .... a rehash. These smaller Asian runs from all these Countries are going to keep going at as much Marvel as they can cause it always sells.

I'm sure this will be nice, but they are gonna have to pull out all stops "finish wise" to top the uk THOR (or other countries...) as that thing is awesome with its spot finish and quality embossing.

Thor HMV isn't that much of a grail anyway, they are on ebay every week.
A grail to me is something that is rare & to be kept and cherished & something you would not want to sell to someone else. If this was so precious they wouldn't be on ebay everyday of every week.

I agree, a grail to me is something you can't find even on the bay. Expensive does not equal grail. It's just thousands of people wanting to make money. Thor artwork was released by dozens of places, the exact same artwork as hmv, it's not in the slightest a limited run, even if blufans did the exact same artwork, so what, every other retailer and country did. What's adding 500 or whatever the print run is to an already high print run. If this was any film other than Thor nobody would care. At least blufans has done the best they can to change it a little. Personally I prefer the back to this and the added clouds on the front, can't wait to see it on my shelf :)

there is some strict contracts in place in regards to the marvel films that released as paramount before Disney buy out ... Disney and paramount have had lots of fights .... I was wondering what they were gonna try and pull off wth that in mind as it was same reason why uk edition have all had to use already approved art. I think given those limitations they did a pretty good job.

This is also why I'm curious as to what kimchi thinks they can do with Iron Man. My guess is expect something like this .... a rehash. These smaller Asian runs from all these Countries are going to keep going at as much Marvel as they can cause it always sells.

I'm sure this will be nice, but they are gonna have to pull out all stops "finish wise" to top the uk THOR (or other countries...) as that thing is awesome with its spot finish and quality embossing.

i agree.. even though I'm really not a fan of superhero movies, i must admit that thor is probably the best steelbook ever made and it will be close to impossible to top it