Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) HDN CHOOSES ART! [UK]

Olympus Has Fallen-HDN picks art-Option 1 or 2?

• Option 1

Votes: 367 54.9%
  • Option 2

Votes: 301 45.1%

• Total voters

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: October 7,2013
Purchase link: Olympus Has Fallen
Price: £17.49
Notes: Limited to 4000 copies, matte finish, 1 disc edition, full color inside artwork, Region B only!!!

10828893-1372926114-905906.jpg

BACK ARTWORK: (minus the text!)
olympus 2.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to Thisisnotsparta)

Attachments

• olympus1.jpg
    olympus1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt the film part of the steelbook package or i am missing something??

why cant you discuss the film?
Because we have a great movie section with all the new releases, trailers, infos and all. :)
Trying to keep the steelbook release about the steel.

I hope you're not implying I said something uncivilized? Because I didn't :dunno:
And no, I wasn't looking at anyone in particular and/or anything that was said was wrong. Just wanted to make clear that it's cool/perfect to exchange opinion, but don't want to see name calling or else ;)

Last edited:
I really like the artwork, I think we got the cover choice right. I wonder what the inside artwork will look like. Definitely gonna pick this one up.

Is there any chance Zavvi are mistaken and this will be released on Monday, along with the standard version? The six-week gap seems very odd for a new release.

Last edited:
Is there any chance Zavvi are mistaken and this will be released on Monday, along with the standard version? The six-week gap seems very odd for a new release.

The poll to choose the artwork only ended at the start of July so that may not be enough time to get the steel made for Monday.

Really like the look of this steelbook and heard really good thigns about the film. Dont want to wait an extra 6 weeks for it though. cant decide whether to pre order this or pop into sainsbury tomorrow and buy it in there cheap! may well come down to a coin toss!!!

I used the coupon. Watched it on DVD at a friend's yesterday - yes, most of my friends still watch DVDs.

Why is there a difference in release dates for the amary and steelbook first time this as happened that i can think off.

I would guess its the turn around time to produce the steelbook. wasnt so long ago there was a poll on HDN to choose the artwork. could be a late decision or deal to get the steelbook and then sort out the artwork has led to the delay. also if they knew that wouldnt be able to hit the normal release date they may have decided that a good 6 week or so gap would be better than 1/2 weeks as people who wanted might be more likely to double dip. no official explanation though so i could be talking total rubbish!!!

Tbh given the front cover, it's a shame they couldn't get a lenticular magnet like Sainsburys slipcover. Really would have finished the steelbook off. And there wouldn't be the silly photoshopped helicopters.